/PM Read Receipt/ SKIP THE REWIND -> swimming in a flood

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

» swimming in a flood, the eleventh doctor
the eleventh doctor
 Posted: Feb 29 2012, 05:37 PM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS:
MEMBER NUMBER: N/A
DATE JOINED: N/A

#tm2-wrap {width:500px;margin:0px auto;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:20px;}#tm2-bottom {background-color:#e6d4aa;height:10px;}#tm2-top {height:112px;background-color:#e6d4aa;padding-left:20px;}#tm2-top img {border-left:10px solid #FFFFFF;border-right:10px solid #FFFFFF;}#tm2-intro {float:right;width:240px;padding:30px 10px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font-family:Calibri;font-size:8px;line-height:8px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#4b3c1a;}#tm2-intro i {color:#967e45;}#tm2-name {text-transform:lowercase;font-family:Times;font-size:21px;line-height:18px;font-style:italic;}#tm2-content {padding:20px 20px;text-align:justify;color:#6a572a;font-size:10px;font-family:Calibri;}#tm2-content hr {border:0;background-color:#e6d4aa;height:1px;margin:10px 0px;}#tm2-content .tm2-title {text-transform:lowercase;color:#9c7f3a;font-family:Times;font-size:16px;line-height:18px;font-style:italic;}#tm2-copyright {font-size:8px;color:#AAAAAA;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;padding:10px;font-family:calibri;}the eleventh doctorTERRIBLY OLD. TIME LORD. MATT SMITH."what can I do? the river’s overrunwe’re swimming in a flood, you know?"The Eleventh Doctor. Does he really need an introduction? On one end, he's spastic, quirky, enthusiastic, and bright, while on the other he can be terrifying, lonely, desperate and sometimes even cruel. More important than any of that, though, he's terribly protective and, in the end, good-natured. After all of his incarnations, he's quite tired of saving the day, however, and it's getting more and more difficult by the day to keep going the way he has. It's the people around him that keep his faith up and keep him going, and that's where you come in! Eleven here will need all sorts of plots, friends and enemies alike. I'm sure there will be tons of plots available with both show-canon and original characters, all things considered. Random encounters would be perfectly justifiable, given this guy's history for such things. Now, this is a really lame plotter, but I'm going to go ahead and stop rambling because really, it's an insult to try and boil down the Doctor into a shipper page blurb, don't you think?created by hangoverhobby of rcr & shadowplay
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:29 PM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 53
MEMBER NUMBER: 11
DATE JOINED: 09/16/11

Sarah Jane & The Doctor: She's expecting the doctor to show up in this time and has some questions to ask. She wants to get back to her own time and will help him out as much as possible to get back.

Alfie & The Doctor: Unlike Sarah, Alfie really doesn't mind being in this time. He's confused, but relaxed and really isn't looking for a way back. He really wants to meet the Doctor again since it was because of him that he chose his career path. Alfie admires him.

Agatha & The Doctor: Considering she's already met John, she won't believe that he's the Doctor. This could prove to be a pretty interesting thread, I think.

The Magician & The Doctor: These two would probably get along. He just got out of captivity and has been traveling with Jenny. He's a nice guy, hates the high council, tends to crack jokes a lot.

Captain John & The Doctor: There will be flirting and plenty of it. He'd be surprised to find out he knew Jack and would want to know more about that.

Ideas?
PM
^
john tyler
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 12:49 AM

THE DONNADOCTOR HUMAN
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 88
MEMBER NUMBER: 58
DATE JOINED: 12/09/11

Hello there!

I have six characters in total (even though my shipping page is only updated with three of them, currently) which is too many for me to handle a thread with every single one with Eleven, but I'll list them anyway and give ideas for threads, even though we can't do all of them right now. XD

Rory: Rory and Eleven will definitely thread sometime. I'm thinking Rory could easily be distracted by/with Amy, though, so whenever the two of us want to do a thread with Rory and The Doctor (or Rory, Amy, and Eleven - if Anya wanted all three of us in on it) we can. I don't have anything specific in mind for these two, but I'm up for any ideas.

Vincent: Vincent wants to find The Doctor well, and Amy, but also The Doctor but he doesn't know where to look. The time cracks have transported him to Oslo, Norway, where he's currently in a thread with Sarah Jane. <3 Vincent is currently being used by the Silence for his visions (which he'll wind up painting for them); but like everyone else, he doesn't remember the Silence as soon as he looks away. Although, Vincent is sensitive enough that he remembers that there's something he can't remember. Anyway, later on, perhaps The Doctor could help Vincent escape the Silence and Madame Kovarian?

John: John and Eleven should definitely meet. This is a thread that I would want to do the most right now, I think. Especially since John is the Meta-Crisis so he has Ten's memories up until he was 'born' and he's part Doctor, part Donna: a Time Lord brain in a human body. So, anyway, an idea that I had was that they meet in the TARDIS (inspired by this picture that I found on tumblr and uploaded it to tinypic). I just thought it would bring up some hilarious conversations like with John complain how Eleven 'changed the look' of the inside or whatever. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, additions?

Heathe: Sometime, my UNIT soldier and The Doctor should meet - especially because Heathe would have at least have heard of him by working at UNIT.

Spencer: I don't really have any ideas for Spencer and Eleven in general, but some might come to me later. Spencer's the Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant of Daniel Joyce, so there might be more for Spencer and The Doctor to do after Daniel tells Spencer about being a Time Lord. Whenever that is. Although, I'm not expecting it to happen anything soon. (Daniel lies to Spencer. Liiiiiies, I tell you! XD)

Toshiko: I also have Toshiko, but I don't really have any specific ideas for her and The Doctor in general, either. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that Eleven might remember her from back when he was Nine and she was the doctor who was going to do the autopsy on the pig (covering for Owen, who had a hangover and couldn't go into work that day) after the alien spaceship crashed into Westminster Bridge in London.

--------------------
He's like fire and ice and rage.
He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe.
And . . . he's wonderful.
PM
^
amy pond
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 12:53 AM

THE GIRL WHO WAITED
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 223
MEMBER NUMBER: 103
DATE JOINED: 02/28/12

Hi, ilu, let's thread. This is the best pick-up line of all time.

But yes, we should work out with Julie whether Amy and Rory get separated from Eleven for awhile, which would probably be an interesting angle! At any rate, can't wait to see those three together at some point.
PM
^
romana
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 05:26 AM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS:

ROMANA && ELEVEN:
"Where have you been? Always useless in a crisis, I don't care what they say..."
Sooo Romana is essentially the figurehead of a Timelord resistance of sorts (it's a bit more complicated than that but that's the short version of it) and has been assigned to track down the Doctor because the others think he's the only one who can get them out of the current mess. Also, even though she's never going to admit it, she sorta misses traveling with him and having a bit more freedom than she's had since then. Eleven is very reminiscent of "her" Doctor, so all it's going to take is a chance meeting for Romana to figure it out. Threadage is a must.
^
the eleventh doctor
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 05:12 AM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS:

Sorry about taking so long to do this you guys! <<;;
    SARAH JANE - The Doctor loves his Sarah Jane! She would be a really valuable ally now that things have been turned upside down, so I don't see any reason why he might want to avoid her--like he would want to avoid some of his other previous companions, who separated from him under less than ideal circumstances--and, in fact, he might purposefully seek her out if he finds out that she's bopping around in this odd time, too.
    ALFIE OWENS - I absolutely love that you have this character in play, just saying. xD I can just imagine the Doctor running into him and going "Alfie? Baby Alfie?!" The Doctor got on so well with his father, and did so much to protect him, that i can imagine he would be a bit annoyingly protective of Alfie despite the fact that he's all grown up. He'd keep forgetting about humans and how quickly they grow and make comments about footie pajamas and binkies if they ever met.
    AGATHA CHRISTIE - Why so suspicious, Agatha? I think these two would be interesting, too, especially since she's already interacted with John. The Doctor would furtively try to get her to realize that he's the Doctor, and not MetaCrisisJohn, but it probably wouldn't work out no matter what he tried. He would enjoy her company regardless, even if she wouldn't be receptive to his presence, if only because she's got a brilliant mind for mysteries...and everyone's stuck in one, aren't they?
    THE MAGICIAN - Any enemy of Rassilon and the Silence is a buddy to the Doctor! I think they'd get on really well, even without that bonding them, since The Magician is a funny sort with an eye for good deeds. They're quite similar, I think, but not so much so that the Doctor would get irritated with his antics. These two could work together quite well, I think. (:
    CAPTAIN JOHN - The Captain will definitely freak the Doctor out, if only because of his experiences with Jack, and how odd that kid is. xD I can see him being completely swallowed up by John's personality, thrown out of his element and all since he wouldn't be the commanding presence anymore. Alternatively, if the Captain ever proved himself useful or more moral than the Doctor expects him to be, I can imagine Eleven might be a little more enthusiastic about trying to be friendly.

• RORY WILLIAMS - The Doctor loves Rory even though no one is allowed to know because that would be weird, if he was so close to Amy's fiance! How strange, I say! Anyway, I like the three of them getting into a thread together. (It's just so obvious, isn't it?) But otherwise, I can definitely see the Doctor confiding things in Rory that he wouldn't want Amy to know, in order to protect her in some way. He's closer to Rory than many people give him credit for, I think.
    VINCENT VAN GOGH - A reunion between these two would make me so, so happy. I wouldn't want to ruin the Silence/Vincent plot though, so we can hold off on that if you'd like. Otherwise, I can definitely see the Doctor swooping in and liberating Vincent from the Silence. Or, even before that happens, a foreboding reunion between them could be possible; maybe Vincent tells the Doctor that something isn't quite right, which somehow tips him off to the fact that the Silence is responsible for all of this?
    JOHN METACRISIS - "Oh, hello, what are you doing here? I thought I left you on a beach somewhere?" While the Doctor will definitely not be okay with the fact that a duplicate of his previous self is now running about in his own universe, that would be particularly easy to get over once they were endangered. The pair of them working together would get things solved on the spot, I think, otherwise the Doctor would be spending most of his time trying to shoo John here back where he belongs. It would be hilarious to thread them meeting on the TARDIS though, seriously. xD
    HEATHE ALEXANDER - That sounds good. He'd be a bit wary of any kind of help UNIT or its employees might want to provide, as he's come to the conclusion that acronymic associations are only interested in blasting their enemies out of the sky...but it would be interesting to see them meet regardless.
    SPENCER MATHESON - Damn you, Daniel! Once the word comes out about him being a Time Lord, a thread between these two would be really interesting. I think the Doctor might try to come to him for information about Daniel and the sorts of things he told Spencer about his Time Lordness. (That makes no sense.)
    TOSHIKO SATO - Though they've never met before, I think it's past time. Among all the Torchwood crew--(except perhaps Jack, though begrudgingly)--the Doctor would get on the best with Tosh. He would like her quiet cleverness and appreciate what she had to offer, unlike a lot of people she interacts with. It's just a matter of trying to find out how they'd meet, I suppose.

• AMY POND - Hello darling! xD Yes, we must thread. And this is the shortest response ever to a plot post of yours but I don't care because I know you won't be angry. Tilde tilde.

• ROMANA - Shouldn't you be adventuring around, young lady? You're right that these two definitely need to interact, especially given Romana's new position among the resistance thingamabob. He'll find it difficult--(as usual)--to deal with how clever she is, since he'll be as prone to messing things up as he has always been. But a familiar face is always a welcome one, and these two could do some great things together.
^
amy pond
 Posted: Mar 5 2012, 05:58 AM

THE GIRL WHO WAITED
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 223
MEMBER NUMBER: 103
DATE JOINED: 02/28/12

I could never be angry with you, Ducky.

Also, Meta and Eleven meeting would be the mostly amazingly entertaining thing since forever. I'd make popcorn before I read every new post to settle in and enjoy it. tongue.gif
PM
^
john tyler
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 05:22 PM

THE DONNADOCTOR HUMAN
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 88
MEMBER NUMBER: 58
DATE JOINED: 12/09/11

Rory: Of course. That would just be weird. Just like Rory can't actually admit to Amy/River/anyone else that he really does enjoy hanging out with The Doctor and doesn't mind his silly antics. Because that would be weird, too. But, yeah, I can totally imagine Rory and Eleven confiding things in one another that they wouldn't want Amy to know, in order to protect her or whatnot. And, I agree that The Doctor and Rory are a lot closer than anyone gives them credit for. I actually read this article online once that pretty much said that Rory was the only companion who could match/equal/parallel The Doctor. So, yeah. As for an Eleven/Rory/Amy thread, I'd love to do one, but I'm in the middle of (or trying to get other threads set up) other threads with Rory, so maybe we could wait on that for a bit longer? Besides, this board is really timey-wimey, so we can always backdate a group thread if we want. tongue.gif

Vincent: Well, I'm not really RPing out Vincent-being-held-by-the-Silence, but I've dropped hints/mentions of it in some of my posts so far. I mean, having the Silence have him paint his visions sounds like something they would do, at least. I like the idea of a foreboding meeting between Vincent and Eleven (especially since Vincent is trying to find/hoping to run into The Doctor again). Maybe we should hold off on them meeting a bit longer, because part of me wants Vincent to cry to Eleven about Amy being married to someone else and Eleven having to comfort him or something. But, yes! For later: a foreboding meeting between Vincent and Eleven followed by (set later) Eleven swooping in to save Vincent from the Silence?

John: "Yeah, that beach sucked. The only good part was Rose." Yes, a thread between John and Eleven would hilarious, and even more so if they met on the TARDIS. I could just see John touching things, like pressing buttons and pulling switches on the console. Also, John wanted to say that he didn't come here on his own, but that he was sucked here through the time cracks just like everyone else. XD Not to mention that sometimes he feels 'inadequate' because he has the brain of a Time Lord but only the body of a human - but he was able to use that Time Lord brain of his to have his pockets be bigger on the inside, make his own Sonic Screwdriver, and get his own psychic paper. So, that might amuse/bemuse/confuse/irritate Eleven? I'm not sure. But, yes, we must thread them. I'll actually be gone for the next ten days or so, but if you get bored and would like to start something for us, feel free! Otherwise, I might be able to start something for us while I'm gone; but if not, I could start something for us once I'm back.

Heathe: As Heathe would also be wary of The Doctor. XD Being in UNIT, he really only knows what he's read/what they've told him about The Doctor, so I think it would be interesting for him to meet the Time Lord behind the myth. He'd probably be bemused yet interested in Eleven's antics and perhaps start wondering why UNIT says he's so dangerous.

Spencer: Well, Socks is busy with real-life stuff right now, so we haven't too far in our first Daniel/Spencer thread, so it'll be a while before Daniel even tells Spencer about his Time Lordiness. (I don't think he'd even tell him about it in this first thread.) Anyway, yes, when it happens, we can thread Spencer and Eleven. Perhaps even Spencer and Daniel and Eleven! It would just be hilarious, in general. XD

Toshiko: I totally agree with everything you've just said. *nod nod* Unfortunately, right now, I don't have any ideas for where and/or how they could meet, but if something comes to me, I'll definitely let you know! Of course, if you come up with any ideas on your own, you're more than welcome to share them with me, too. wink.gif

While Anya will be stalking any Eleven/John threads, I will be stalking any Eleven/Alfie thread. Just sayin'. wink.gif

--------------------
He's like fire and ice and rage.
He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe.
And . . . he's wonderful.
PM
^
john hart
 Posted: Mar 22 2012, 10:26 PM

THE GOOD WIFE
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 80
MEMBER NUMBER: 29
DATE JOINED: 09/20/11

Sarah Jane & The Doctor: Aww, a reunion in the making. Sarah Jane can hardly wait to see her best friend again.

Alfie & The Doctor: That would annoy him to no end. He'll keep correcting him and letting him know he hadn't been a baby in a long time.

Agatha & The Doctor: It wouldn't work. She knows him as a Scotland Yard officer, a human, and would know that humans can't change their faces. But they could have tea and discuss her books and how she could be in this time.

The Magician & The Doctor: These two have potential to be good friends and if they were to ever find themselves in a situation where they need to depend on one another, I think they'd be able to do it.

Captain John & The Doctor: Moral isn't really a word used to describe him, but he can be useful in certain situations, depending on what they are.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P