SKIP THE REWIND -> WHOvian Survey

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

ANYA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

» WHOvian Survey, introduce us to you inner WHO!
amelia pond
 Posted: Dec 31 2011, 02:49 AM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS: N/A
MEMBER NUMBER: N/A
DATE JOINED: --

OK. I'm a nerd. I wrote up this 12 question survey in the hopes of everyone participating and letting everyone get to know your inner WHO! This is, of course, optional - but, I think it might be fun! And, it might even give us more plotting ideas... Yay!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHONIVERSE FANDOM SURVEY

1. How did you first get sucked into the awesomeness that is the WHOniverse?

3. WHO is your favorite Doctor, and why?

4. WHO is/are your favorite Companion/s, and why?

5. WHO is/are your least favorite Companion/s, and why?

6. Which is your favorite episode/story arc, and why?

7. Which is your least favorite episode/story arc, and why?

8. WHO is your favorite Villain/Antagonist, and why?

9. WHO is your least favorite Villain/Antagonist, and why?

10. Which fictional planet in the WHOniverse would you wish to visit, and why?

11. Which do you prefer: a Vortex Manipulator or a TARDIS, and why?

12. Which episode/story arc do you most wish that you could rewrite as a “do-over”? Please explain how would you handle it differently:
^
river song
 Posted: Dec 31 2011, 03:11 AM

Unregistered

WHONIVERSE FANDOM SURVEY

When I was little (Oh, let's say ~20+ years ago...), my mom used to watch Doctor Who on PBS, and I quickly got into it, even if I didn't necessarily understand everything that was going on. My first Doctor was the Fourth, and I have very fond (albeit fuzzy) memories of him and Sarah Jane, and later Romana tooling around the Universe in the TARDIS. I never forgot that blue box, even after PBS stopped airing the classic series.

Years passed, and after I had started working at my local comic book store, my boss started burning copies of the newer stuff featuring the Ninth and Tenth Doctors from Netflix. But... I didn't get a chance to watch them at the store, but that was only because I wasn't able to give the show the attention it deserved while I was working. So, a few years went by (which brings us to this past summer), and I found myself unemployed and just itching for something to get into (other than trouble - lol). While flipping through television channels one day, I came across BBC America playing the first Pandorica episode, and I was HOOKED all over again! I watched all of Series 5 on my OnDemand service, and then I thought, "Gee... I wonder if there's a Doctor Who RP site I could join...?" (Because my X-Men/Avengers group sorta died out, and I am freaking addicted to online RPGs...)

So, I came across a site called The Whoniverse RP, and I jumped right on in, first with Amy Pond, then River Song, and most recently Iris Wildthyme. Then, I got down to business and watched all of the 2005 stuff, onward, on my computer. I also watched all of Torchwood, and a handful of the Sarah Jane Adventures.

But then, I wanted more... and happily I found this site!

Sooooooo hard to pick just one! I'm gonna have to go with the Eleventh Doctor (with the Tenth following at a VERY close second). He's so goofy! I <3 his fez, and his bowtie, and all of the silly stuff that comes out of his mouth! Not to mention his hair! Epic!

Amy Pond for the win! She's smart (but not too smart), fiesty and fun! And, she's ginger. I'm only ginger when the color comes from a bottle.

I'd say River Song, of course, but... I don't see her as a "companion", per se.

Donna Noble comes in at a very close #2 for me, and I want SO BADLY for them to get her back on the show and fix her mind!

And, I can't believe I nearly forgot Wilfred Mott! I freaking LOVE Wilf! I get all teary-eyed during that scene in the End of Time where the Doctor tells him that he would be honored to have Wilf for a father. <3

Mickey Smith. Or... was it Ricky? I could never be bothered to remember (just kiddin'!). I always thought he held Rose back from her potential - she didn't really blossom until after she ran away with the Doctor. Best thing she could have done for herself, that was. What Martha saw in him, I'll never know. I think he said it best when he referred to himself as the tin dog. LOL (Sorry if that's mean!).

*braces for stones to be thrown*

The Wedding of River Song.

Why? Because A) I'm a romantic at heart, and B) I have never seen a more emotional scene where people are trying to convince the Doctor that the Universe does not want to go on without him - that he is so very much LOVED. That, and the bit at the end where Amy's looking a bit horrified at being his mother-in-law... That was priceless!

Love and Monsters, Series 2.

Why? Well... A) There should never be an episode of Doctor Who that does not feature the Doctor, and B) despite featuring the actress who played Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter series, it still stunk.

The Master (as Harold Saxon).

Why? He's got charisma... he's quite mad... and, he's a genius and the Doctor's best frienenemy. He also makes you want for him to "get well", even though it's quite unlikely. Those drums are never going to leave him alone, I'm afraid...

Well, this one matches my least favorite episode. I'm talking about the Abzorbaloff. A) he's gross, and B) he seems so inconsequential, appearing in just the one episode and never running into the Doctor. Maybe it's not the Abzorbaloff's fault, though...?

Apalapucia, before the outbreak of Chen7. Why? It sounds pretty dang awesome: "a paradise planet... [that] boasts soaring spires, silver colonnades and the mirrored Glasmir mountains. The planet had a pinkish-purple sky and an oxygen-rich atmosphere."

TARDIS, hands down, but only if it looks like a blue police box! I'm afraid that a Vortex Manipulator would make me motion-sick. LOL

12. Which episode/story arc do you most wish that you could rewrite as a “do-over”? Please explain how would you handle it differently:
Well... *braces for more stones to be thrown*

I want to give Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead another go. Why? Because I want River to LIVE. Period.

What if she sent the psychic paper to the RIGHT doctor, instead of the Tenth?

What if the Doctor somehow warned her off of taking the job from Lux?

What if the Eleventh (or a future) Doctor was able to go back in time to the Library and seal it and the Vashta Nerada off from the rest of the Universe BEFORE Lux hired River to lead his team, making it impossible for them to gain entry?
^
canton delaware iii
 Posted: Dec 31 2011, 09:06 AM

Unregistered

WHONIVERSE FANDOM SURVEY

One Friday when I was home for the weekend a couple of years ago, I found myself flipping through channels and came across BBC America and a show called Torchwood. I clicked info and it sounded interesting enough so I watched it. After "Captain Jack Harkness," I started watching the show from the beginning. I would post various FaceBook statuses about the show and one of my friends at school who watches Doctor Who told me that I needed to watch that too. I figured any show with some Captain Jack in it had to be a decent show so I started watching from the Ninth Doctor on up. And now I'm slowly making my way through classic Who. I'm about halfway done with the Second Doctor. I'm just going in order, even though I'm very impatient to get to the Fifth Doctor.

Of the ones I've seen (Nine, Ten, Eleven, One, and Two), I'd have to go with Nine. And it's not a case of him simply being my first Doctor. Christopher Eccleston is an amazing actor. And I love how Nine changed over the season. Rose was able to change him into a better man and I found their relationship too adorable for words. Plus, the majority of my favorite episodes of new Who were during Nine's era.

Captain Jack Harkness--He's Captain Jack! Need I say anything else?

Martha Jones--I know a lot of people don't like her because she was pining over the Doctor but I've always loved her a lot. She left the Doctor with a lot of dignity and, as we saw in later episodes, moved on with her life. I could learn a lesson or two from her, that's for sure, because I can relate to how she felt with the Doctor.

Ian Chesterton--Going all the way back to One for this one. I loved Ian's relationship with the Doctor! There's so much I want to say here but I don't want to spoil anything because I'm sure not a lot of you have watched One's episodes.

Jamie McCrimmon--And I love Jamie's relationship with Two! I cannot wait to see him interact with the other Doctors as well.

Dodo chaplet--Going back to One again. She was just...annoying. I'm so glad her sendoff wasn't much of a sendoff at all. They just wrote her out of the story and no proper goodbye to her was witnessed on the screen.

Rose with Ten--I loved Rose with Nine but her and Ten just never did it for me, and I get so angry during the end of "Journey's End" when she just starts snogging Meta Crisis like there's no tomorrow and the Doctor's standing right there.

It's impossible to choose just one but I'm going to go with with "Bad Wolf"/"The Parting of the Ways." The first episode's always a fun watch by itself...until you get to the ending and find out who's behind it all. And the latter episode was just wonderful. It contains one of my favorite scenes ever; when the Dalek emperor asks the Doctor if he's a coward or a killer, and he replies, "Coward. Any day." As hard as it is for me to watch Nine regenerate, I still love how they sent him off. I just conveniently ignore what Rose then is going to turn into because that would make me hate Nine saving her.

All of the River Song stuff. I don't hate her, per se, but I hate how season six felt like "The River Song Show." And, I don't know, I don't see how the Doctor could love someone who thinks he's more important than the whole universe. He's not big on getting praised for what he does so I don't see why he would want to get together with someone who worships him like that.

I'm going with the Master. I've only seen the John Simm Master so far. I just like having someone who's as clever as the Doctor and doesn't mind using violence around.

Hmmmmmmm....I have no idea right now. I'll have to come back to this!

Gallifrey...because it's Gallifrey! What little we saw of it in "The Sound of Drums" was beautiful. Yeah, some of those Time Lords seem a bit snobbish but I'd stay away from their Academy and Citadel and just wander around the fields.

Vortex Manipulator. I wouldn't trust myself with a TARDIS. A) I wouldn't know how to fly it. B) Having very easy means to travel through time would make me too tempted to go back and change a lot of things and not just things that happened personally to me. Using a Vortex Manipulator would be less tempting to me because it just doesn't seem as safe or comfortable.

None of them. As much as I've disliked some of them, I trust that the writers know what they're doing.
^
john hart
 Posted: Dec 31 2011, 02:03 PM

THE GOOD WIFE
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 80
MEMBER NUMBER: 29
DATE JOINED: 09/20/11

I was at home a year ago, bored out of my mind, had no internet and didn't want to read books, so I started flipping through the channels and came across a Doctor Who marathon. I thought I'd watch it until something else came on, but I got hooked and watched the rest of it.

This is hard. As much as I adore all that I've seen, I have to go with Ten. My first doctor, but he was amusing and fun. I loved his energy.

Rose was my first companion, but that's not really why I liked her. I see her as being strong, protecting those she loves, and the way she is with the Doctor.

Sarah Jane is amazing. Lis Sladen was a great actress and played this part really, really well. I preferred her more in the Classic series than the new ones, but I love how she interacted with Eleven (SJA: Death of the Doctor. Check it out if you haven't already.)

Harry Sullivan. Go back to Classics here. He's just as great as Sarah Jane. I wish he did more episodes. I don't ship Sarah Jane with anyone except her friendship with the Doctor, but if I did, it would be Harry.

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. Not technically a companion, but I liked him.

Donna Noble. She's great! And the fact that she didn't fall in love with the Doctor is probably why I like her so much. All women companions I've seen were in love with him, including Sarah Jane (though she was falling for Four, not really the Doctors from New Who).

River Song! It wasn't always that way. I was prepared to really like when I discovered she was in the fifth series because I liked her during Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. Something changed that and I'm not sure what it was. Despised her more during the sixth series, hates she's Amy's daughter and I don't see her marriage to the Doctor as being real. If you ask me, she's married to the Tesalecta Doctor. But I did like her during Let's Kill Hitler.

Martha Jones. Mainly because I felt she allowed her feelings for the Doctor to get in the way of what needed to be done.

Another hard one. I'd have to say The Stolen Earth/Journey's End. I loved all the companions coming back.

This one is easy. I've only really disliked two episodes of Doctor Who and that would be Human Nature/Family of Blood. His hiding from the aliens bothered me and if that wasn't enough, he did by turning human, which I never thought possible before that episode and I am not a fan of him doing it. I understand why he hid instead of facing them, but I still didn't like it.

Master. I would love for him to come back. He was the best enemy in my opinion. I loved how the Doctor used to be friends with him.

Daleks. While I don't really hate them, I'm just bored of them right now. Honestly, how many times can they come back? I'm glad they haven't done an episode since the fifth series. (the one in Wedding of River Song didn't count as he was already dead.)

I really didn't despise any of them.

The Carnivorous Honeymoon planet. No, I'm kidding. I would love to visit Gallifrey, bug the High Council to no end.

I would love to travel in a TARDIS if I had a Time Lord flying it. Being alone, I'd prefer the vortex manipulator. It seems like it would be easier to handle.

Closing Time. I loved the episode and would keep it the same for the most part, but I would like to rewrite the end. Cybermen wouldn't have been destroyed with love. And I wanted Sophie to meet the Doctor again.
PM
^
eleven
 Posted: Jan 4 2012, 08:47 AM

Unregistered

WHONIVERSE FANDOM SURVEY

I had heard a lot about it already but never really had the energy to order it online. Then Netflix got the first five seasons and I could quench my curiosity while being lazy. So I became a full fledged whovian.

Eleven. I love Nine, Ten, and Eleven but Eleven will always hold a special place in my heart. I thought I'd hate him, thought he was too young, thought he was ugly. Before I even watched the first episode I had made up a mental list of all the reasons he was going to suck. Then, I watched him in his very first episode and I was hooked. He was brilliant and every other reservation I had flew out the window. He became my doctor. I'll be sad to see him go.

Donna, because much like Eleven I hated her with a passion. Her guest appearance on season three was god awful and I hated her so much. I actually thought about skipping the whole fourth season just so i wouldn't have to see her ugly face. Yeah, I forced myself to watch, though, and I fell in love with her. Sue me.

Ew, tough question. Probably Rose with Ten. I can't help it. I felt like they seriously killed the story arc because when Ten came in he was a completely new person and this suave player that kind of treated Rose like crap. Then, he whined the whole last two seasons because he lost her. Well, he shouldn't have been such a dick. I don't know. Eccleston and Piper just had chemistry that was built up over the course of a season. I felt the whole second season was building up to Rose's departure so the dynamic was breaking down instead of building.

I love the ganger story arc. It's one of my favorites. And the Silurian story arc.

Human Nature/Family of Blood. I didn't like it at all. It was annoying and so uncharacteristic. i hated that the Doctor hid. I hated that Martha had to babysit his ignorant human ass. I hated that he fell for that nurse lady. I hated that he was so retarded the whole episode.

The Master, The Master, The Master. Also, The Weeping Angels. The Master is brilliantly crazy evil and the Weeping Angels are just scary mofos.

Probably Madam Kovarian. She's ugly, annoying, and just not very bad ass. She has everyone to do her dirty work for her. That's a nasty quality.

I'm not sure.

Probably a vortex manipulator because I couldn't begin to figure out how to work a TARDIS. Now, if a snazzy time lord came with it as a chaueffer then that'd be a different story.

The big reveal of who River Song is and the Wedding of River Song. It wasn't bad it just all felt really rushed and incomplete. I didn't like that much.
^
daniel joyce
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 06:50 PM

Unregistered

My parents are Whovians. My first memory of Doctor Who is one of the original episodes being shown as a repeat by the BBC and sitting down and watching it when I was a kid. I have no idea how old I was or which episode it was, but I think it was one of the Tom Baker ones, because they seem to be the most popular. All I remember is that there were Daleks, and there was Davros, and at some point the Doctor and his companion - I literally cannot see their faces to remember them - were taken prisoner by the Daleks, and all they had to eat was this gloop that the Daleks offered them... and I think at some point they escaped by smearing said gloop onto the Dalek's... eye... stalk... dealys so they couldn't see. Before that, my mum had always said that her brother had been so scared of the Daleks when they'd watched the episodes when they'd originally aired that he had had to hide behind the sofa whenever they had appeared on screen. Bless.

2. WHO is your favorite Doctor, and why?
    I would love to be able to be all geeky and/or jump on the bandwagon and say Tom Baker, but I honestly don't remember enough of the original episodes to be able to do so, so I'll probably say Ten, but I like all of the 'new' Doctors for different reasons. I think, mainly, I'm saying Ten because of the episodes he was in and the various plots that surrounded his series...es... plural xD but David Tennant was an awesome Doctor. But, then, so was Christopher Eccleston and so is Matt Smith. But Ten had the Master, and the first appearance of the Weeping Angels, and the Daleks... and Donna and Wilf and... bah. Ten is my favourite Doctor.

3. WHO is/are your favorite Companion/s, and why?
    Donna, first and foremost, because Donna was everything that a companion should be. She was exactly the sort of best friend that the Doctor needed and I just thought that she was brilliant. Plus, her granddad was Wilf and I love Wilfred to pieces and I wish he was my granddad. That conversation he has with Ten about being proud of him makes me tear up every time- oh god, here come the tears T-T I also love Rory, because he's just adorable. And Rose, and Mickey and Jackie.

4. WHO is/are your least favorite Companion/s, and why?
    I'm afraid it's a tie between River Song and Martha Jones - though Martha did slightly redeem herself in my eyes during her brief appearance in Torchwood but only very slightly. I don't know. Maybe it's Freema Agyeman's style of acting, but I found Martha whiny. Harsh words, but I don't care xD And River... I honestly try to like River. Every episode she's in, I tell myself that I'm going to like her in this one, I honestly do, but I just... can't xD And, I'm sorry, because I know a lot of people really like her.

5. Which is your favorite episode/story arc, and why?
    Ohh, anything with the Master. Oddly enough, my favourite ones take place with Martha as the companion, but we shall ignore that xD I loved Professor Yana - even though his name was just a little bit obvious xD - and the drumming, the whole Harold Saxon thing... I just love John Simm as the Master. Maybe not so much crazy white-haired Master, but he was still awesome. The original Master just makes me laugh. I also loved The Empty Child - honestly, it's rare that I'll be able to name an episode by its title - and the one with Churchill and the Daleks... oh god, see... it was something with Victory in the title. Victory of the Daleks - if just for the line, "Would you care for some teeaaaa?" But also The Doctor's Wife, because Neil Gaiman's a genius. And the Dalek episodes at the end of Nine's series. Omg and the last one with James Corden and the Cybermen.

6. Which is your least favorite episode/story arc, and why?
    River/Doctor-related stuff, because it's River. I don't think I'd mind her quite so much if she wasn't the Doctor's "love-interest". I don't know why, but I'm not so keen on him having a love-interest, if I'm perfectly honest. Sure, the plot with Rose and Ten was all very sad, but he's the Doctor. He's not meant to have a love-interest; he's meant to have a companion. Or two. And I think that's what annoyed me about Martha as well - that she was in love with him and it just became annoying, because it was straight after Rose.

7. WHO is your favorite Villain/Antagonist, and why?
    The Master. Because he's the Master. Because he's John Simm. Because of the scene in the meeting room when he just gives the thumbs up as everyone around him is dying. Because of the Scissor Sisters. Because of the drums. Because of Vote Saxon. I also love the Daleks. I just love them to pieces. At times, I find them vaguely adorable. And I love that they used not to be able to climb stairs. I also like the re-vamped Weeping Angels that, instead of sending you back into the past, actually kill you. It makes them far more threatening, I think. And the Silence aren't bad, I s'pose. And, then, of course, Are you my mummy? Oh, and, whatever it was in the Midnight episode.

8. WHO is your least favorite Villain/Antagonist, and why?
    Meh, I would say the Cybermen, because they're encroaching on Dalek territory xD but they're alright, really. I think probably the Sontarans are my least favourite. I keep wanting to say Sultanas... But enough of that. I just got a little fed up of them, I think, and they annoyed me slightly. I mean, they were alright as far as things go, but, you know. I keep thinking of villains that I could put down here and then thinking "actually..." OH! The weird... space-pig... things... in the episode with Henry Van Statten. Like... wtf was up with those guys? xD And the thing- I want to call him "the blob that ate everyone" but I know that's not right xD Absorbaloff. Yeah. He was pretty meh.

9. Which fictional planet in the WHOniverse would you wish to visit, and why?
    Obviously Gallifrey. Just... obviously.

10. Which do you prefer: a Vortex Manipulator or a TARDIS, and why?
    If I knew how to work it, a TARDIS. No, still a TARDIS, even if I didn't know how to pilot it. It's still bigger on the inside, and I could still live in it like a house. What's a Vortex Manipulator if you don't know how to work it, other than a retro wrist-strap? xD I joke, obviously. But... TARDIS... *grabby hands* Want. I would be such a tourist. Mainly of Earth and the past xD but idgaf.

11. Which episode/story arc do you most wish that you could rewrite as a “do-over”? Please explain how would you handle it differently:
    Ohhh, so shoot me: the last series. I think it was ruined by the mid-series break. Writers over here aren't accustomed to having breaks in the middle of series...es... and I think that was what ruined it. The story had to be stopped mid-way through, which meant that it was split in two and the second half had no chance to develop properly before it was over. There was no proper suspense. It felt like it didn't fit properly. All the plot and suspense that had built up in the first half of the series just vanished with the break in the middle, and never returned. It had the potential to be good. I thought it was going to be brilliant, but I found myself disappointed. And I like Stephen Moffat - I have the greatest respect for him - but River Song is his favourite character and sometimes I just feel as though he's a fanfic writer trying to force his OC into all the action, especially with the fact that she's now married to the Doctor. /end River rant
^
rose tyler
 Posted: Feb 14 2012, 09:48 AM

Unregistered

Hey! Thought I’d take the opportunity to wave and say hello to everyone, and, well, it’s Valentine’s Day and apparently I have nothing better to do. Ha! <3

WHONIVERSE FANDOM SURVEY

I remember Sunday afternoon omnibuses back in the days before widespread cable and satellite. God, I think I was about 7 or something and saw John Pertwee and some Daleks. Bless the BBC and their constant repeats.
    I’ll have a special place in my heart for Three and Four, as they were the ones most repeated when I was younger. Nine brought DW back and Ten was just… well. Those four. Ten’s probably my favourite simply because he made DW into not just monster-hunting, but included so much human emotion and worry into the series.
    Obviously I love Rose. She was arguably the first companion that could really stand on her own two feet without the Doctor, which made her special. Donna was hilarious. I love them especially considering I remember Billie Piper’s terrible pop career and I wasn’t a fan of Catherine Tate. Changing my opinion about them as actors really made me respect them.
    Gah. Amy and Ace. Ace was an idiot, but it was also the time of Seven, which killed DW in the first place. Unpopular opinion moment! Eleven’s a good Doctor, but Moffat’s writing of Amy turned the latest series into The Amy Show (And Also Time Travel). There’s nothing I like about her and despite being both an Old and New!Who fan, I can’t bring myself to watch them again.

And how did I forget about the massive Mary Sue that is River Song? She’s not just the daughter of a companion, she’s sexy, smart and the Doctor loves her. Excuse my mini-rant. It’s been very, very clear that Time Lords become Time Lords after the Academy. Before that, they’re Gallifreyans. The Time Lord High Council has to give them regenerations. Being conceived on a TARDIS doesn’t make her a Time Lord. Jenny’s the awesome exception because she’s basically a biological rehash of the Doctor, so that’s allowed. But, no. Anything else would have been great! River being maybe the Master and Lucy Saxon’s daughter would have worked. River being a regeneration of the Doctor’s wife, Patience, would have been a hit. But she’s too perfect and amazing for no reason. Sorry. XD
    So many to choose from! I love most of the Dalek episodes, and that includes all eras. The first ever episode is hilarious, with the Doctor as an enormous dick. Bad Wolf was great, as was the Saxon cycle. And the DoctorDonna! (Yes, I love Meta. Lovely boy with great daddy issues.) I don’t think I could call my favourite ever single episode. And don’t forget Blink.
    Episodes? Love & Monsters and the Christmas one with Kylie Minogue. The second was plain awful, a big let-down. The former… I know it was the first Doctor-lite and there was a Blue Peter competition behind it, but god. Horrendous. All of Seven’s tenure was terrible. Now? The whole Amy Show and River debacle.
    The Master and the Daleks. The Daleks are so iconic that it kills me. And last night I saw a programme that described an enigma machine that had been stolen, and the man blackmailing Bletchley Park swore blind that he was working for a man known as The Master. True story.
    The main ones all have their good qualities. I reckon it’s the one-offs that can be terrible, like the Absorbaloff.
    It would be crazy not to say Gallifrey, wouldn’t it? Ha!
    TARDIS every time. Even when you’re alone, you can hang around in the Vortex and know you have a friend with you.
    Okay, so, River Song. I’m a bit of a broken record, sorry! I genuinely see Rose as the love of the Doctor’s life, so sue me. But I don’t think it should ever happen, either, which sounds odd for a Rose/Ten shipper, as Rose/Meta always works better. If Rose is gone and with someone else, then we can assume that the Doctor will always love her the most, and then that cuts him off from any new romantic partners. Why is this good? We can concentrate more on companions and how the Doctor deals with them emotionally, which makes for a better story.

Instead, throw a curve ball and have River as the Master and Lucy’s daughter. He could have engineered her creation and found a way to give her regenerations so she can ensure that he could come back. Then, we can see River flirting with the Doctor just to annoy her daddy, so there can be an attraction there, but nothing played upon. The Doctor would be protective of her and want to turn her ‘good’. Add the Master and lots of worried angst about how the Doctor sees her as an awkward niece-type-thing. River could be saved after the Library by the Master and then… other things happen. All’s right in the universe again!

^
jack harkness
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 03:08 PM

Unregistered

I was on a HP RP and my friend Becca had a Torchwood site. I watched Doc Who, then TW and was hooked!

Ten, but I really like moody Nine. Why? The energy, but also just he's a good actor.

Martha because she was always the one I felt was the strongest female role model. I also like Donna for the same reason.

Rose, I love her, but I get tired of the relationship bit of them.

Jack/Ianto. Gee, I wonder why...

Gwen/Jack. Competition. Unnecessary.

Bilis. I really wanted to play him for a long time.

I'm not sure. There were a bunch I wasn't terribly interested in.

Gallifrey because I want to see two suns.

Vortex Manipulator. Easier to escape.

Children of Earth - Ianto would be immortal because of reasons. XD
^
ace mcshane
 Posted: Jul 13 2012, 01:52 PM

NITRO-9 DESIGNER
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 69
MEMBER NUMBER: 110
DATE JOINED: 06/27/12

WHONIVERSE FANDOM SURVEY

1. How did you first get sucked into the awesomeness that is the WHOniverse? Growing up I saw a few episodes but it was when there a doctor who marathon that show most if not all the doctors, including the movies.

3. WHO is your favorite Doctor, and why? the 7th as I felt that he was well temped and well as bit of a mix of Collin Baker and tom together.

4. WHO is/are your favorite Companion/s, and why? Ace, Because Ace had more dimension's and was some that I could relate for it time as well as develop in to her own.

5. WHO is/are your least favorite Companion/s, and why? Alrick as he came of as a bit of too smart for his own good as it where but that my thinking on him.

6. Which is your favorite episode/story arc, and why? The Happiness Patrol because it was one of the most crazy episode of it time as it had a killer bertie bassett called the candy man.

7. Which is your least favorite episode/story arc, and why? End of the world as I just found as flat as the last human of earth Cassandra sadly.

8. WHO is your favorite Villain/Antagonist, and why? Davros and the Master/ Davros because in some way he like the terminator always coming back to stop the Doctor and The Master because there like Sherlock homes and Dr Moriarty.

9. WHO is your least favorite Villain/Antagonist, and why? the Slitheen I find them a joke as they need to fart just put me off seeing them as real villains.

10. Which fictional planet in the WHOniverse would you wish to visit, and why? Gallifrey so I can steal a TARDIS.

11. Which do you prefer: a Vortex Manipulator or a TARDIS, and why? Same a above answer.

12. Which episode/story arc do you most wish that you could rewrite as a “do-over”? Please explain how would you handle it differently: I would like to write a story where the 8th doctor had more then just a move as it where.
PMAOLYIMMSN
^
donna noble
 Posted: Jul 20 2012, 10:18 PM

Unregistered

In 2006, on Sci-Fi channel in the U.S., they started running commercials for Doctor Who--I had heard the name a couple of times before, on the Simpsons and comparing Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere to the show, but I didn't really know what Who was.

I watched the show in the summer, with Christopher Eccleston, and was hooked on that first episode, especially when he gave the "I can feel the turn of the Earth" speech, and perhaps even before when the Doctor and Rose first met. I missed the Bad Wolf episode when it first aired, and when I read the synopsis on Wikipedia, I started to read more about the series--holy smokes, it started in 1963!

In the fall, they aired David Tennant's first series--smashing good! I think it was about this time that I started to search for Old Who online--found a website which had the Fourth Doctor episodes, and the first one I saw was Robot. (The Doctor jump ropes! It made me laugh, giddy with joy that I was watching this!) I watched those early Fourth Doctor episodes online, skipping a few like Revenge of the Cybermen (because I disliked it) and then they uploaded First, Second, and Third Doctor episodes--eventually, I saw quite a few of those.

I saw Runaway Bride online soon after it aired, caught basically Series Three and Four online before I saw it on Sci-Fi, and then continued watching the specials and Series Five online after Sci-Fi was cut off from Doctor Who--it wasn't until Series Six aired that I saw the entire first run of the series on TV, because by then I had BBC America. With Netflix, I've seen some of the late Fourth Doctor serials, Fifth Doctor serials, a couple Seventh Doctor serials, and the TV Movie. (Have not yet watched the Sixth Doctor serials.)

David Tennant is probably my favorite Doctor, although Eccleston was my first and I've got a sweet spot for him, as I do for the current Doctor, Matt Smith. Fourth is probably the best of the Old Series, although Seven, Eight, Five, and Three can give him a run for his money!

I really do like Martha Jones. Mickey Smith is pretty good--Captain Jack Harkness is awesome. Donna Noble is fun. I'm fond of the Ponds, Rory and Amy. Of the old companions, my favorite pairs are Zoe and Jamie, along with Harry Sullivan and Sarah Jane Smith. And guess what? I like Adric, as well as Tegan and Nyssa! (Vislor as well) Let's not forget the Brigadier! And I do like Ace.

Peri's okay, but not great. Romana may not be my favorite. (Especially the first Romana, I did not get into the Key of Time much because of her, and--City of Death with Second Romana? A bit weird.) Leela? No, not really my favorite. Jo Grant's okay, not great. I don't think I'm a K9 fan, he's okay. Rose is my least favorite of the New Series companions, her and Adam.

The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon or A Good Man Goes To War from the new series--possibly The Pandoria Opens/The Big Bang with Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways for series finales...of the Christmas Specials, Runaway Bride pops into mind!

From Old Who--Edge of Destruction, The Mind Robber, The Ark in Space, The Brain of Morbius, The Seeds of Doom, Warrior's Gate, Keeper of Traken, Logopolis, Arc of Infinity, Mawdryn Undead, Enlightenment, The Five Doctors, The Caves of Androzani, Battlefield, TV Movie.

I dislike The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood. I never could really get into that two-parter, missed a big chunk of the second part with the Silurians and humans fighting, the Doctor's caught in the middle. And, of course, Rory's dead! He doesn't exist! Bummer.

From Old Who--The Daleks, The Keys of Marinus, The Dalek Invasion of Earth, The Claws of Axos, Colony in Space, The Curse/Monster of Peladon, Carnival of Monsters, Revenge of the Cybermen, The Invasion of Time, The Ribos Operation, Four to Doomsday and the Visitation(?)

Gas Mask Zombie, The Beast, and Clockwork Droids did sort of scare me. Oh, also the Reapers were absolutely horrible/good villains. The Editor (Simon Pegg!) and Jagrafress are fun villains. Here are some others:

Sharek Jez is pretty cool in Caves of Androzani. Jackanapes! Wyrm in Ark in Space. Morbius, and the doctor who helped create him. Rat creature in Talons of Weng-Chiang. Morgan Le Fay. The Master. Omega. Cassandra. There are others...

Okay, if I had to choose, Abzorbaloff. Big baby/Fat Bas****, disgusting. Here are some others:

Daleks and Cybermen. They are kind of disturbing. Slitheen. Gelth. Weeping Angels. Sycorax (Actually, I believe these guys are cheap imitations of the Faction Paradox from Eighth Doctor books--voodoo Time Lords who caused paradoxes, like killing their grandfather, messing with the Doctor's past/canon. They had real skeleton faces). Werewolf. There are others...

Weeping Woman. New Earth before it went bad.

TARDIS. Spacious, you get to explore the interior, and though it is temperamental, at least you have some chance of comfort and security--even if it is a bumpy ride.

Love and Monsters really need a better version of Victor Kennedy. Fear Her could have had a better child actor/really creepy/ethereral voice for the aliens that possessed her. The Weeping Angels got to be too weird in Flesh and Stone. Too much lingering on the TV in The Idiot's Lantern, ugh Tooth and Claw monks and Werewolf need better special effects...

I don't know to rewrite this stuff.
^
compassion
 Posted: Mar 31 2013, 11:24 AM

Unregistered

When I was about nine, I watched the Eighth Doctor's movie because my dad used to be a big sci-fi geek when he was a kid, so when the new series came out we had a little marathon. I loved the Eighth Doctor, and I was used to seeing Christopher Eccleston with long hippie hair (he was in some movie where his name was Wolf I think, but he had long hair and that's all I remember of it), so I was a little put-off by that.

Umm, I think I was about fourteen when I started RPing Doctor Who, and by that time I had already gone back to Classic Who to watch those, particularly the Sixth and Third Doctors in general.

Is there another #2 I'm missing?? Okay, anyway. My ultimate and all-time favorite Doctor is the Eighth. I'm in love with Paul McGann. It's my dirty little secret. :( Also, he just has such great stories! I have bought all of the audio dramas (he's still acting in them and he's going to be in the anniversary drama!! Ahhhh!) and I've read all of the EDAs, and I've watched the movie a few thousand times. My favorite part being THIS scene. -cackles-

Oh man... okay, let's start from the very beginning. I adore Susan Foreman, and I hate when people say that she couldn't fend for herself. If you ever want to read Susan being a bamf, read Legacy of the Daleks. She turns the Master into a crippled burnt waffle. Using her psychic powers. And then she steals his TARDIS. After making the Master beg for mercy. I just love her so much.

In chronological order, the next up would be Zoe Heriot. I was often teased as a child for being really good at math and I do enjoy physics (I tutor it, actually) so Zoe holds a special place in my heart for being a young genius who scores better than the Doctor on an intelligence test. She also blows up a freaking computer with an algorithm because it gets on her nerves. And then she knows how to take down a huge comicbook supervillain because she knows martial arts. Zoe Heriot, man. Zoe Heriot.

I also have a ton of respect for Romana (or should I say Fred?). Not only can she put the Doctor in his place rather quickly, but she's also comparitively smarter than him. Or, at least, book-smarts. He's got the street smarts, which kind of results in him having to save her butt constantly a few times. I especially enjoy her Second regeneration, mostly because I just feel that she's more relatable and she and the Fourth have an adorable bromance. (Or, whatever, you know what I mean.)

Speaking of adorable bromances, Fitz Kreiner is up next. He openly admits to loving the Doctor (no, really, Blue Angel he admits he wants to sleep with the Doctor and in Halflife (I think it was, anyway) he says that his love for the Doctor is genuine). Also, the Doctor kisses him. Just sayin'. Anyway. Why do I love Fitz? He's an amazing man. He begins his journey with the Doctor as a - in the terms of the Doctor's metaphor - withered flower that the Doctor wants to save. He's cowardly, a drunk, and addicted to cigarettes. Over the course of the books, as the Doctor has to destroy Gallifrey for the first time and loses his memories, Fitz takes care of the Doctor and prevents the TARDIS from giving the Doctor's memories back. In fact, Fitz was with the Doctor from book #19 all the way to the books' end. That's #76. The books began to be published in 1994, and didn't stop until 2005. Also, did I mention that the Doctor killed Kode to bring back his Fitz? Yeah. And the TARDIS reworked Fitz's mind, making him the best at anagrams (COSMOS PAIN -> COMPASSION, DESPERATION -> A ROPE ENDS IT). Just... agh. There's not enough words for how much I love this man. Asdfghjkl.

Mentioning the cosmos pain, Compassion joined the TARDIS crew shortly after Fitz did. I'll be honest - I absolutely hated her during my first read-through. She's snarky, she's sarcastic, she constantly makes fun of everyone and everything. And then I got to the Faction Paradox audios, and I listened to her sister describe the invasion of Anathema, forcing them out of their colonies and how Laura (who later became Compassion) joined the Remote to be safe. She was bitter over the loss of her family and colony, and that's what she was Remembered as. Being bitter. The Remote didn't bother to check for other personality traits. So it really wasn't her fault, because she was made to be, well, a bitch. And the Doctor always tried to save her, sticking her with Fitz on various missions so that Fitz could try to "humanize" her. As I reread the novels, I realized that as cruel as Compassion was, she wouldn't let anyone kill either the Doctor or Fitz... and she had plenty of opportunities. She bludgeoned someone to death when they pulled a gun on Fitz. She destroyed a reality in which the Doctor became The Grandfather Paradox.

Wow, I've rambled a lot and I'm not even to the new series. Thankfully, we're almost done! Donna Noble is my favorite new-series companion. She reminds me a little of Compassion, which might be why I had originally enjoyed her. She was feisty and she was sarcastic, but she had this whole... compassionate side of her that Compassion doesn't have. Not to mention, the DoctorDonna plot almost works out just the same. Anyway, I adore Donna because she doesn't think she's important. She thinks she's just a regular woman with a dead-end life and a nagging mother, but she is the most important woman in the universe. Gosh, I love her. :)

Oh boy, is this a loaded question. My ultimate least favorite companion is Peri. AGH. Okay, an addendum. Peri wasn't so awful when she was with the Fifth Doctor, but she was still pretty annoying with him. No, she only turned into an awful squealing woman when she was with the Sixth. She had to argue with him about EVERYTHING and she was so annoying. Granted, the Sixth Doctor era was doomed by writers who frankly didn't give a shit, and I'm sure her annoyingness stems from that instead of her actual character, but... IDK, she just really irks me. Also, the Doctor tries to kill her. By strangling her. Good, Doctor. Good.

I also don't like Molly from the Eighth Doctor Audios. She was adorable for a while, but then I just wanted to punch her out. Especially when she broke the Doctor's nose. GRR.

And I don't really like River Song, mostly because I think the character has been done before with another companion (who, you know, also went by Mel, and I detest her equally as much) who also had curly hair and a cheeky attitude. I liked her in Forest of the Dead/that stuff, but I don't really like how the Doctor marries her, falls in love with her, and that kind of stuff. When they first introduced her, I was really hoping for a regeneration of Patience (which I think someone before me already mentioned). I like the character, but not really.. IDK. She isn't my least favorite, but she deserved an honorable mention. :P

SHOW- Favorite story arc... hm... perhaps the entirety of the Keys to Time with the 4th Doctor/Romana, or... I liked The Dalek Invasion of Earth, too. Oh gosh, just so many options.

AUDIO- Okay, so I'm a little biased, but my favorite audio would definitely be the Companion's Stories (Fitz's Story). <3 I think the audio nailed Fitz perfectly, except for the accent... I don't know what happened there... -shrug- Other than that, I adore "Earthly Child" and pretty much every audio with Susan Foreman... althought they got really sad. 8c

BOOK- Ancestor Cell hands down. I feel like they really captured all of the characters perfectly. It wouldn't be a good place to begin, but I just love this freaking book SO MUCH. Agghhh. It had Romana, the first destruction of Gallifrey, a ton of stuff about Gallifrey's culture, and even more on the Faction Paradox. It's just a seriously awesome book. I loved it. I looovveeddd it. But, "Blue Angel" gets an honorable mention because it has important plot points concerning the Obverse.

SHOW- Um... gosh, I don't like much of the newer episodes. I just feel like they kind of lost their oomph. I think my absolute least favorite would probably beeee.... the second episode of the first series. The one with the end of the world? Yeah... I just didn't feel it. At all.

AUDIO- Um... can I say "Zagreus" just because it was so fabulously well-done that it gave me nightmares? No? Fine. "Horror of Glam Rock". Just couldn't get into it.

BOOK- Oh, man... probably the five book interlude in which the Doctor is waiting for Fitz (aw yeah, that's right - The Doctor Who Waited) because they're just so boring, with the exception of a few. Also, "The Adventuress of Henrietta Street" was such an important book... and yet, it was written in the most confusing of manners. I had a hard time getting into it.

Probably the Faction Paradox, because they're awesome. >_> But I also like the Master because of how dynamic a character he is. Also, he always dresses for the occasion. Compassion was a pretty interesting anatagonist, too, though... and there is definitely the Time Lords/Romana (although THAT is subjective, but she counts as an antagonist as she was sending everyone after the Doctor to get him imprisoned for a while).

Um, probably the Daleks and Cybermen, simply because they just get used so much. Something gone wrong? Blame the Daleks! Something missing? Blame the Cybermen! It just feels like it was the lazy way of getting out of everything. Hmm... there was also quite a lot of New-Who monsters and villains. I also didn't understand the 456 in Torchwood... umm, let's see here. The Bane in SJA didn't make much sense to me either... but, uh, anyway. Yeah. The really over-used villains are the ones that get on my nerves. Also the Weeping Angels got a bit silly.

THERE ARE SO MANY. Umm, umm... gosh, I would definitely want to visit Gallifrey. Other than that, Avalon, Yquatine, umm... oh man... I have no idea. I'd really like to visit the world they go to Year of Intelligent Tigers, because I love tigers. (:

Bahaha, a sentient type 102, please! Vortex Manipulators may be more convenient, but you can walk and talk with a type 102.

11. Which episode/story arc do you most wish that you could rewrite as a"do-over"? Please explain how you would handle it differently.
    Hm.. I agree with another previous answer. I would definitely re-do the Eighth Doctor movie so that it would generate enough interest to revive the series. :( Other than that... hmm, I think the entirety of the Sixth Doctor era. Also I would write out Mel. And Peri. >__>
^
sarah clayworth
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 03:58 PM

Unregistered

Whovian survey

It was the summer of 06 or 07. And me and my younger sister had just been watching a dvd I think. It was in the late evening, and we were just about to go to bed, but wanted to see what was on TV. And by chance we came across the first episode of the revival. "Rose". After we had watched it, I remember we just thought it was a really odd TV show with plastic dummies, and all that madness. But then we watched the next, and the next. And so on. But they only showed the first season on TV, so we watched it online, and bought the dvd's. That's still how we do it (stupid danish television, for now showing Doctor who!)

uhm.. Well, for a long time it was David. But then I started playing River, which made me see both her and Matt in a whole different light. So now it might be Matt. Still not quite sure about it.

If River counts as a companion, then it's definitely her. Just because of her timeline, and how she's so different, strong and totally kick-ass! I love the way she teased The Doctor, and how he gets all flustered when she does xD
But if she doesn't count. Then it would be Donna. Again because she's so kick-ass. xD .She speaks her mind. And she was the first companion (in the new series) that wasn't in love with The Doctor, which was such a nice change. I also think her leaving, was the saddest thing ever!

Rose. I just can't stand her. She's so selfish. Poor Mickey.

I think it would be 'blink' It's just so well made. And even though The Doctor isn't in it that much, a really awesome episode. I do love every time you have to really think to get the timelines straight in your head xD

The last episodes of David's. Because you know where it's going. It really made me not want to watch it. And I haven't watched that more than twice. Once online, and once when I bought the DVD. It was just so sad.

Probably the master, as you see him in season 3. That was so well played by John Simm and David Tennant. Other than that, probably the weeping angels. Cause they're just so scary.

The daleks and cybermen, because they just keep coming back!

Galifrey! definitely! just because it's such a mystical place (haven't watched much of the classic stuff)

A TARDIS. Cause you can travel more people at one time. And who wouldn't want all that space? It's like a portable home, much better than a vortex. Even though a vortex can be quite handy.

11. Which episode/story arc do you most wish that you could rewrite as a “do-over”? Please explain how would you handle it differently:
That would probably be David's last episode. (at least it is now. I will probably change, once we've seen Matt regenerate) I would take the white-point star and cut the glass door that kept Wilfred trapped, and then just haul ass, out of there. Then Ten would have kept on going for a bit longer :/
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P