SKIP THE REWIND -> Work of Art

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

ANYA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

» Work of Art, Tag: Sarah Jane | Location: Oslo, Norway
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 04:16 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 34
MEMBER NUMBER: 24
DATE JOINED: 09/18/11

There's demons in my head And it's more than I can take. I think I'm on a roll But I think it's kinda weak. Saying all I know is I gotta get away from me.
Vincent made his way around the art museum, looking at each of the paintings in turn, taking a long moment to admire each and every one of them for their own aspects. The style of painting was similar to Vincent’s and his contemporaries, but just that much different, as what he had read from the literature here at the museum on the painter in question was that he was more of a Symbolist and an Expressionist, rather than as much of an Impressionist as Vincent and his contemporaries.

Another thing that Vincent learned from the literature in the museum was that he had somehow happened to make it Oslo, Norway and now found himself in the Edvard Munch museum. The red haired painter didn’t know how he had gotten to Oslo, but he thought it might have something to do with the fatigue and confusion that he felt when he tried to think over the last few days. If he thought too hard in trying to remember something, it would make it even harder for him to remember; but the distressing thing for the painter was that there were blank spots in his mind, where he couldn’t remember anything.

What he didn’t know was that the Silence were affecting his memory and that the cracks in time were not fully closed, causing people and aliens alike to be zapped from one area to another without warning or foreknowledge. So not only could poor Vincent not remember where he had been, he had no idea where he was going, and only found out where he was after he had gotten there.

As he looked around at the various paintings on the walls, Vincent was reminded of when The Doctor and Amy took him to the Musée d’Orsay in Paris in 2010 and how he had been fascinated, intrigued, and confused at seeing his contemporary’s and friend’s paintings hanging on the wall. He had even stopped to stare at one of Claude Monet’s Water Lilies paintings after noticing the paintings of Rouen Cathedral, Venice, Twilight, and Etretat, The Cliff in passing. It was only after they pulled him into the adjoining room that he saw exactly why they had brought him to that particular art museum.

Coming across a painting, Vincent stopped suddenly. He stared at it for a moment before he blinked at it and then checked the date and the name of the painting: The Scream was painted in 1893. Blinking once again, Vincent began to stare at the painting once more. It reminded him of something, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. An idea was nagging at the back of his mind, persisting that this was important and he needed to try to remember; but he couldn’t connect the mental puzzle pieces. Instead, he looked around the room, for anyone close by who might be able to help him figure out why the figure in this painting seemed so familiar and reminded him of something which he couldn’t quite remember.

Looking to his left, Vincent noticed a dark-haired woman. She looked older – matronly, but kind, wearing a soft smile as she, too, examined the other paintings hanging across the wall. Thinking that she seemed approachable, Vincent clasped his hands in front of himself and took steps toward her in a slow approach. “Excuse me,” he started in a form of addressing her, keeping his voice soft and low so as not to bother the other art museum patrons, “but does that painting remind you of something?” he asked, indicating The Scream with a motion of his hands.

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 601 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: I’m looking forward to this!

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 06:24 PM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 53
MEMBER NUMBER: 11
DATE JOINED: 09/16/11

Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will be as one Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger a brotherhood of man Imagine all the people Sharing all the world You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will live as one Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace
you may say i'm a dreamer ,

Sarah Jane was still trying to figure out why she and Luke had been transported here. She had been hoping she would run into the Doctor soon and maybe he would be able to tell her exactly what it was that occurred. It had yet to happen and she was starting to wonder if he had anything to do with this or if it had something to do with her. After all, she did have plenty of enemies. It wasn't too hard to believe The Trickster was behind this. He had used time travel before to trap her. Last time had involved taking her back to 1951, so she could see her parents. This time, it was her son. There was also the time he changed her timeline, cutting it short, causing her to drown in the sixties instead of her friend. If it was The Trickster, Sarah Jane could easily beat him and get back to her time. But that didn't quite explain the others around. Some of them had been transported through time, too. Some of them she had never met.

Since she arrived, she'd been spending her time in London. It was where she spent most of her time when she in the 21st century and she was sure whatever evidence there was to tell her how this happened would be found there. But everyone deserved a break sometime. And really, it wasn't much of a break because she would still be investigating this time and looking for any evidence. Sarah would just be doing it somewhere else. It wasn't hard for her to come up with a place to go. Oslo, Norway. She had never been there before and she had heard it wasn't too bad a place and they had some nice art museums there. Maybe she would stop by one.

It had been a while since Sarah Jane had been to an art museum. The last time had been back in her time when the Mona Lisa came to life. She remembered being trapped in a painting during that time. It had been up to Luke, Rani, and Clyde to set things right again. Normally, she didn't really have the time for it. Free time was rare for her to come by because every time she found herself with a night off, something always happened. At least that was the way it always seemed to her.

When she made it to Oslo, she looked for art museums until she found one. When she walked in, she picked up the literature and read that as she walked around, looking at some of the paintings. They were very nice. Edvard Munch was a talented painter. The red head caught her attention even before he spoke to her. Sarah Jane recognized him and wondered how he got here too and why. He died centuries ago. She looked back at the painting, but he spoke to her soon afterwards.

She looked at the painting he was indicating. The Scream. She studied it for a moment, then looked at Vincent. "I can't say it does, Mr. Van Gogh," she said, keeping her voice low. "Why, does it remind you of something?"

wordcount: 541 clothes: --- notes: hope it's okay
© WITHOUT A TRACE?! FROM CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Jan 20 2012, 03:17 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon

There's demons in my head And it's more than I can take. I think I'm on a roll But I think it's kinda weak. Saying all I know is I gotta get away from me.
Vincent didn’t have to wait long for the older woman to answer, but what she said made him pause. Or, rather, that she seemed to know him by name already. Vincent wondered how this women whom he had never met before already knew him by name, but it took him only a moment to remember that now he was a famous painter and everyone knew his name. Whereas no one thought his paintings were any good back when he was living in France, things had changed over the years and people had began to admire his work and began to love and enjoy his paintings. At least this woman knew his face, if not also his work.

In response to the woman’s question, he nodded his head in the affirmative, but then shook his head in the negative in rapid succession. “It does . . . but it’s like a bad memory that you don’t wish to remember or a nightmare that you can’t remember,” he told her. “It’s the face,” he added, dragging a curled hand from his nose and down past his chin, indicating the elongated face of the man in The Scream as well as the face of the Silence that he couldn’t remember. “It’s like when you meet someone again and you recognize their face but can’t remember their name,” he finished with a nod.

Then, realizing that he didn’t know this woman, he thought it would only be right to introduce himself to her. “You seem to know me, but I do not know you,” he started. “You are . . . . ? he asked, leaving his question hanging in the air so the dark-haired woman could merely fill in the blank and supply him with her name.

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 294 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: I hope it’s enough for you to be able to write a reply.

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Jan 25 2012, 03:21 AM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon

Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will be as one Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger a brotherhood of man Imagine all the people Sharing all the world You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will live as one Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace

Sarah Jane studied the face of the man in the painting. The longer she studied it, the more she began to think she had seen a face similar to that somewhere. She couldn't place it, though. She was sure she would've remembered if there was an alien species running around, looking that way. She remembered what aliens she'd seen look like unless if they were like The Doctor and could change their face or if they were a shapeshifter. "I'm sure I would've remembered if I had, but now I'm beginning to wonder." Of all the aliens walking around in this time, maybe there was one who could tamper with a person's memory. Just because Sarah Jane had never met one who could do that didn't mean they didn't exist. "Kind of nerve wracking to think there's an alien species around who could tamper with a someone's memories."

"Sarah Jane Smith," she finished. Of all the people who could've been pulled from their time to end up there, she never thought he would be one of them. If this had something to do with The Doctor, that meant Vincent had met him. When she had traveled with him, Sarah Jane thought about asking the Doctor if they could go back and meet him, but never did. It would have been interesting if they had. "How did you end up in this time?" she asked.

wordcount: 241 clothes: --- notes: hope it's okay

PM
^
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 05:06 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon

Vincent nodded at the dark-haired woman’s words, agreeing with them and thinking that he felt the exact same way. “I wonder as well. I don’t remember seeing it, but I do . . . like a dream that you wake up from before it’s finished and how it begins to fade within minutes as you try to remember it.” He paused and looked over at her and asked quickly, “This isn’t all a dream, is it?” Then, he added, “I still don’t quite understand this place. If I could find The Doctor, maybe he could help. . . .” trailing off at the end, leaving his comment hanging in the air. He didn’t know this woman, but from the little he had already spoken to her, she seemed different, like she would understand if he spoke about a Doctor that no one else had met. Vincent found that he had a good sense of people, at least, and could normally tell what kind of people they were—whether they were ‘good’ or ‘bad’—upon first meeting them.

“Vincent van Gogh,” he started by way of his introduction, “but you already knew that,” he finished quickly, suddenly remembering that she had already used his name when she first responded to his initial query. When she asked him her question, Vincent paused for a moment to consider how to answer it. He didn’t exactly know how he had come here, but this Sarah Jane seemed to understand things about time travel that other human beings couldn’t even begin to understand; so he took a deep breath and began to try to explain it all to Sarah Jane as best he could.

“I was dying,” he started, making a ‘gun’ with his right hand and holding it to his abdomen, before ‘pulling the trigger’ of his thumb, “and when I was lying in my hospital bed, about to go, there was bright light,” he brought up both hands to make a big, sweeping motion outward like one would if they were talking about encompassing something as a whole, “and then I was here.” He paused and shook his head. “Not here. In London, I think. I think I came here to Oslo in the same manner.” Then he nodded his head before giving her a quizzical look. “Do you know how it all works, Sarah Jane? Can you help me?” he asked. Vincent didn’t exactly know what ‘it’ was – but to him, it had something to do with time and space and traveling through it all.

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 423 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: *huggles Vincent and Sarah Jane*

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 05:41 AM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon

Sarah Jane searched her memory of aliens she had met, had seen since being here, and she couldn't remember ever seeing one that looked similar to the painting. She hated the idea of aliens being able to affect one's memories. The Trickster had done that before by changing her history, but this was different. Even The Trickster couldn't make one forget about him once they saw him. Sarah wished she had Mr. Smith with her right now. He might have been able to shed some light on this particular species, but he hadn't been affected by the time cracks. Probably because he was just a computer. "No, not a dream," she said, thoughtfully. When she heard mention of The Doctor, she couldn't help but smile. "I haven't seen him, but I think he could be around somewhere. He might be the only chance of us getting back to our respected times."

"I think most people know who you are," she said. "You are a brilliant painter, after all." Except most probably wouldn't recognize him on sight, which would explain why they really weren't drawing attention. She had, but she was familiar with the self portrait he drew of himself. "Many famous painters were inspired by your work. Even this one, Edvard Munch. He liked your use of colors." Sarah Jane knew she probably shouldn't be telling him stuff like that. Any small thing could mess up time, but really, telling him he'd inspired some artists didn't seem like much danger. Sometimes, people needed to know stuff like that.

"I can venture a few guesses," she said. "I'm still learning about what happened and why it happened, so I don't know how accurate they are. The bright light could've been caused by a crack in time. I think it could be because of The Doctor. Not caused by him. I've known him for a long time and he wouldn't rip apart the fabric of time. I just think it's because of him. An enemy of his maybe." Or someone from his own race. Sarah Jane knew the Time Lords were gone, but it was possible for one of them to do this. Maybe in an attempt to save their race. "I haven't really met too many people here, but it seems like those I have met are connected to The Doctor somehow. Even if they didn't travel with him."

wordcount: 415 clothes: --- notes: hope it's okay

PM
^
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 06:29 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon

Vincent still seemed a bit puzzled when Sarah Jane admitted that that he wasn’t dreaming, nor was it a shared dream between the two of them that they were having together, at the same time. Yet, how could this not be a dream? Everything was so strange and it was all ‘just a bit too weird’—as the kids today would call it—to not be a dream. Right? Then again, thinking of The Doctor so quickly after trying to figure out whether or not he, or they, were in a dream made Vincent remember all of the strange and wonderful things that had happened and that he had seen when The Doctor and Amy had stayed with him at his home in France for a couple of days. Remembering that made Vincent wonder if he shouldn’t be used to all manner of strange and wonderful things happening to him, including seeing indescribable alien species and being transported through time and space.

Instead of worrying about that, at least for a moment, Vincent turned his attention back onto Sarah Jane when she began to speak again. At first, he nodded almost absentmindedly, not really processing what she was saying until he actually paused to soak in what she had just told him. As he thought about it, he didn’t say anything right away, but merely let the metaphorical wheels turn in his head. Vincent remembered when, at the end of their visit, The Doctor and Amy had taken him to the Musée d’Orsay to show him how his artwork would be loved and cherished for years to come; so it made sense that his paintings would also inspire other artists. Vincent stared at The Scream for a long while as those thoughts played through his mind. From the literature that he had read here in the museum, he knew that Edvard Munch came after his own time; but as he stood and examined the painting more closely, Vincent could seem to see a vague resemblance of color usage inspired by his artwork. However, the subject of the painting made Vincent wonder if Edvard were as troubled as he. Only History would know.

He turned his attention back onto Sarah Jane once more and listened intently as she explained everything to him; or as much of it as she knew or could guess. Vincent would even take guesses at this point, but they were better than nothing. “An enemy perhaps, yes,” he replied in barely above a whisper, nodding his head in agreement. He didn’t know anything about The Doctor’s enemies, but from what he knew about the magic blue box—which also wasn’t that much—he surmised that whatever enemies The Doctor had might also be able to influence time by ‘ripping it apart’ or sending those who had any kind of connection with The Doctor to another point in time. “And his enemies would know who is connected to him?” he asked, continuing on the same strain of thought that it might be one of The Doctor’s enemies causing this. After a short pause, Vincent asked quickly, “Do you know how to find The Doctor, Sarah Jane? Can he help us?”

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 532 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: I got a little carried away here, but I hope I gave you enough to write a reply.

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 10:06 AM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon

Sarah Jane studied the painting again. There was a part of her that said she had seen it before, but she wasn't ready to believe that. Aliens couldn't affect a person's memories. Besides, the aliens she had met in her life hadn't looked this way. They didn't look like something out of a bad science fiction movie. The aliens she had seen here, or remembered seeing, didn't even resemble this painting. So she couldn't figure out what made it seem familiar unless it was the mind playing tricks on them. It was the way the mind worked, it did like to do that. It could make things more familiar than it should be.

Turning her gaze from the painting, she saw a creature who resembled the subject in the the scream. So there was something here after all. "Vincent, I know..." She turned her attention back to Vincent and the painting and was confused by what she was about to say. Know? What did she know? Not what the image could look like. Strange. Generally she knew what she was about to say and didn't get so confused. Sarah Jane searched her mind, trying to figure out what it was, but nothing came to her. The sentence didn't have an end. She shouldn't have even spoken. "I forgot."

"They would. The ones he deals with more often have probably met most of his companions and there are always ways to find those they didn't meet. Each of us were affected in our own way by traveling with him." Those she had met had all been affected by it at least. How could you not be, seeing so many fantastic things you never thought possible. Before she met the Doctor, she never thought she would travel to different times, different planets. Sarah Jane never dreamed her life could turn out this way."I can't contact him. But I'll know when he's around and he hasn't been since I arrived in this century."

wordcount: N/A clothes: --- notes: I really hope this makes sense to you.
PM
^
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Jun 30 2012, 05:52 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon

Vincent noticed that Sarah Jane was studying the painting almost as intently as he had been studying it. Coming from a different time as he, and having seen many different things, but still having traveled with The Doctor, Vincent wondered if Sarah Jane saw something different in the painting than he had seen, or if she understood it in a way that he couldn’t. Vincent knew—or, he had a deep feeling—that Sarah Jane wasn’t an artist like himself, but he also knew that it didn’t mean that she couldn’t appreciate art in her own way.

He turned his attention back onto Sarah Jane when she spoke to him again. She was about to tell him that she knew something before she looked confused and seemed to forget what she was going to say; and then she admitted as such. Vincent was even more confused than he was originally. Here he thought that he was the only one who was having problems with his memory and having to constantly remind himself that he wasn’t dreaming even though he still felt like he had just woken up from a dream.

Before Vincent could ask Sarah Jane what was the matter, she picked up talking from where she had left off—responding to one of his previous queries—and his sudden confusion was just as easily forgotten now that their attention was focused onto something much more ominous: the fact that The Doctor’s enemies could have lured them here; or, worse, could have brought them here from another time. “Why would they want us?” he wondered aloud. “I’m no one special. . . .” he said, momentarily falling back into his inner self-pity that people from his own time didn’t appreciate him or his paintings for what he or they were. However, before he could mope for much longer, his interest was piqued by something that Sarah Jane said next. “How will you know when he is here? Do you have a-” he paused, unable to remember the words for ‘device’ or ‘sensor’, but tapped his wrist with two fingers to indicate where one would wear a watch or another such object, “to tell you when he is around?”

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 368 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: Apparently, I can’t read and thought it had only been just under a month since I had replied to you in this thread, instead of just under three. My sincerest apologies to you for making you wait so long. ><

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Jul 26 2012, 12:35 AM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon

Sarah Jane was getting up there in age; she wasn't as young as she used to be and she accepted it, but she had never before forgotten what she had been about to say just seconds before. There had been something she had known or she would never have spoken those words, but it just wouldn't come to her. She didn't know anything about why the painting seemed familiar to him, why they were transported so many years into the future from their original time or where the Doctor was and why they hadn't seem him just yet. So what was it that Sarah Jane had come to figure out, just by standing here, talking to Vincent Van Gogh? She wasn't old enough to have problems with her memories and she never would, if she could help it. Something was messing with her mind and she didn't like it. What could it be? As far as she knew, there was nothing in the known universe that could do that, except the TARDIS, but she didn't do it to make people forget things.

When she had first met Vincent and looked upon the picture, there was nothing about it that seemed familiar to her. Nothing that made her feel like she had seen something about it before, besides the fact that it was a painting that she had gazed upon many times in her life, but when she looked at it then, something about it was familiar, something about the subject, but Sarah Jane wasn't able to put her finger on it. The longer she looked at it, the more she got the feeling that she had seen the man before, in real life, since arriving in this time and it didn't have to do with how many times she had seen this painting since meeting Van Gogh.

She was about to say something when she heard his words about being no one special. She shook her head, smiling warmly, disagreeing with it. Anyone from the centuries after his would pretty much agree that he was a brilliant painter in his time and it was a shame nobody was able to see it when he was still alive. His life would have been so different if they had. "The Doctor doesn't meet people unless they're special. You went unappreciated in life, but there are a few people who do. You're brilliant and there are museums with your paintings hanging up." Once again, telling him about what would happen once he was gone. That wasn't something people were meant to know, but she just couldn't help it. "I do and right now, the Doctor, or any other Time Lord, isn't around. The only thing it's picking up are the aliens that everyone seems to be so trusting of these days." Sarah Jane liked that other species were being integrated into life on Earth, but she hoped they still had a proper sense of danger and didn't trust every single one of them since she was sure there were still some species that were out to destroy Earth and kill all humans.

wordcount: --- clothes: --- notes: ---

PM
^
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Oct 16 2012, 02:01 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon

Vincent didn’t know who Sarah Jane was, but he felt that she gave off a calming presence. Yet there was also a sense of adventure about her. No wonder she had been able to travel with The Doctor and the man kept her around. She was both adventurous and soothing at the same time. She’d go along with him, but she’d also put her foot down when she knew something wasn’t right. Or, that’s what Vincent surmised, at least, because he was feeling those things about Sarah Jane right at this very moment. She didn’t interest him in a romantic way, of course—there was only one Amy Pond who would hold that place in his heart—but Vincent knew that he wouldn’t mind having Sarah Jane around. Too bad he wouldn’t see her again after this chance meeting. He didn’t know 100% that he wouldn’t, but he doubted that he would. What with this bright light zapping him all over the place and the creatures who reminded him so much of The Scream. . . .

Thinking about yet another person who he would meet and would just as readily leave him—although Sarah Jane wouldn’t necessarily be doing it of her own free will—was starting to make Vincent feel down in the dumps again. Yet, the older woman’s words brightened his spirits somewhat. He was special, wasn’t he? The Doctor had even showed him the Paris museum with the exhibit hall that had his paintings in it. There was even the museum curator with the bow tie who spoke so highly of him.

Remembering all those things made Vincent happy, at least for this moment, and he could concentrate more on what Sarah Jane was telling him in response to the questions he had asked her. He didn’t understand all of this futuristic technology, but she was making it as easy to understand as she could. He leaned closer to her as she spoke. “Why are they so trusting of the aliens?” he asked, wondering if she knew the answer. “Are they good aliens or bad aliens?” he asked in rapid succession, remembering the Krafayis that only he could see that murdered humans in the streets of provincial France. “Are they those aliens?” he asked, pointing at the Munch painting. He couldn’t be entirely certain that he was remembering aliens when he saw the painting, but it was as good a guess as any.

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 407 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: I haven’t posted in so long, I forgot how amazing this thread was and how fun it is to thread these two together. <3

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah jane smith
 Posted: Apr 20 2013, 04:58 PM

THE CONSTANT COMPANION
Group Icon

Remembering the world, and the way they thought of aliens, back in the 21st century, Sarah Jane was glad to see the change in human opinion of the creatures. There were so many nice aliens out there, not a threat to anyone, but they were in danger in her time just because some people didn't understand them. The only problem was, what if a dangerous alien came to this time? The locals would be trusting of them and they could take advantage of it, use it to destroy them. Maybe it had already happened and that was why they were there, to save Earth and human race. It would certainly explain why everyone she had met so far had some kind of connection with the Doctor.

Looking around the museum, though, the brunette thought her opinion could be wrong. Everything appeared peaceful, no signs of a looming threat, and the aliens around were talking to the other patrons, smiling and friendly. By now, she was convinced there would be some signs of a threat, but she knew better than to dismiss any idea without proof. Sarah Jane looked back at Vincent as he asked her about the other creatures.

"I think they're okay," she replied. "They certainly don't look like they want to cause harm and I've met my fair share of nice aliens, even rescued a few of them. I'm glad to see that humans have become more trusting of creatures from another world, although I do think something could be happening, something sinister..." The old woman stared over the painter's shoulder, at something that hadn't been there a moment ago, at least she didn't think so. "Maybe it is these Scream-like creatures, but I hadn't see any..." Had she, though? The subject in the painting looked familiar, almost like she had seen something like it, recently, like in this very museum, not to mention in London and other locations she had been to since arriving in this time. "I think we're all in danger and I don't think I can save the world this time, at least not without help."

This time, she didn't mean she wanted Rani, Clyde, or Luke to help because she felt it was a bit too dangerous for them. What she wanted was the Doctor. Where was the Time Lord? Shouldn't he have found out by now that those who were once apart of his life, in some way, were taken over a hundred years into their future, stranded? The brunette was suddenly aware that she and Vincent had become the center of attention, as most the other patrons were looking at them, some with horrified looks while others looked entertained, like she was a part of some kind of show. It would be best not to start a panic.

"Sorry," she said, loudly, addressing everyone. "Everything's fine. The aliens I'm talking about don't exist and if they do, they aren't here now." As far as she knew, but she had a feeling they were close and they probably always will be. They were going to have to watch their backs. "Do you want to help me track down the Doctor?" Sarah Jane asked Vincent. If there was ever a time the world needed him, it was at this moment.

wordcount: --- clothes: --- notes: ---

PM
^
vincent van gogh
 Posted: Jun 29 2013, 05:33 PM

A DELICATE MAN
Group Icon

A calm wave passed over Vincent when Sarah Jane mentioned that she didn’t think it was these aliens that were currently among the humans who causing all the problems and scaring people. At least some aliens could be nice – but then, how did one explain those who Vincent had seen who seemed to be ‘evil’ or bent on destruction and were up to no good. As soon as she had said she thought that those aliens weren’t bad, she continued by saying that she had a feeling there could be something sinister going on.

“These creatures . . .” he started, looking at the painting once again. “Danger? I fear I agree,” he nodded solemnly, looking back at the dark-haired woman. “Could I help you, Sarah Jane?” he asked rapidly. He hardly knew this woman, but he felt that they could work well together, or at least be able to figure out what was going on. She had the knowledge of aliens that he didn’t have and he had a different view of the world than she and everyone else had.

Vincent turned to face the crowd when Sarah Jane did, looking back and forth between her and the crowd, listening to what she had to say as she explained about the aliens. The other humans seemed like they believed her, so that helped Vincent breathe easier as no one was accusing either of them of being aliens themselves or of being ‘in cahoots’ with the aliens. He then smiled at her questioned offer on if he wanted to help her find The Doctor. “Yes, I would like that very much,” he replied with another nod as a smile grew across his face again. He could have company and possibly find The Doctor at the same time. “When shall we start?” he asked, his eagerness clearly evident in his voice.

TAG: Sarah Jane | WORD COUNT: 310 | LYRICS CREDIT: Offspring | BANNER CREDIT: Doctor Who Caps | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: ---

--------------------
user posted image
Found on tumblr.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P