SKIP THE REWIND -> Offensive Shadows

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

ANYA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPIC

» Offensive Shadows, AKA: Scary Compassion Murder Party! 8D
compassion
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 07:52 AM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS: N/A
MEMBER NUMBER: N/A
DATE JOINED: --

Sometimes, to make a point, certain cruel measures must be taken. That was why Compassion had taken quite a few of individuals and decided to throw a party. She thought it was quite a generous offer, although she knew some might be inclined to disagree. Still, whatever happened in her bore no truth in the standard passing of time – and to some of the lesser trained humans it would simply just be a hazy nightmare when they were released from her.

The people had been taken to a large and expansive field – it was too dark to see anything, and even if there had been light it would not have helped them much. They had been dropped in the center of a maze with towering walls of a thick and spiked material. There were consequences for the wrong turns. They’d find that out eventually. None of what happened had any standing in reality, of course – it was essentially all a hallucination. Compassion put a box of torches in the center of the maze.

[So basically they're in a maze inside Compassion. ^u^; If you have any questions, you can PM me or put them in the cbox.. I just tried to keep my intro post short ;A;]
^
daniel joyce
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 10:18 AM

Unregistered

Well. This was different.

It was dark, for one.

Daniel blinked a few times, where he lay sprawled on the ground after having been unceremoniously dropped into the middle of nowhere, and squinted, but he was barely able to make out a few vague shapes. All around was darkness. It smelled like grass, and earth - but not the planet. He pushed himself up to sitting, then heaved himself up to his feet, brushing himself down as he did so with a slight grimace. He was getting too old to be thrown into unrecognisable places in the middle of nowhere in the dead of night. If it was, indeed, night. He stood still as he waited for his eyesight to adjust to light, or lack thereof, and listened, sure that there were other people around him. He could hear breathing, some calmer than others.

He fumbled in his pocket for the sonic pen, but his fingers brushed nothing but lint and the lining of his jacket. He paused.

"...Bugger..." escaped him in a tense, muttered whisper. It occurred to him that making any noise to attract whoever - whatever - else was there to his position was not the most sensible of ideas, but let them come; they may bring answers with them, and get him out of this infernal darkness.

He searched his other pockets, patting himself down, stooped to brush his hand over the grass where he had been lying, blindly in the dark - but the pen wasn't there. Perhaps he had dropped it before he had been brought here. He hoped so. If he'd lost it...

Very well, then. He would have to progress without it. It would make things a little more difficult, and the thought of it sent something akin to panic racing at the back of his mind, but there was nothing that could be done about it now. First would be to establish where he was. Second would be to find his way out. And to find Spencer. If he was here. But he'd been talking to him only moments ago. If he was here, he would be frightened. Daniel could not abide that.

Haltingly, the Time Lord made his way carefully forward, one arm outstretched in front of him to feel for obstacles, the other to the side. If there was a wall somewhere, and he could reach it, he might follow it to a door and find his way out from there. Time Lord eyesight was better than human - but even still, Daniel was having difficulty in making out anything. He couldn't even see his own hands in the dark. It was only a moment later that his fingers brushed something warm that felt like fabric and was unmistakeably someone's arm, and he sharply withdrew his hand, taking half a step back in case they were about to react with hostility.

"Who are you?" he demanded of the dark.
^
rory williams
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 11:34 AM

THE LAST CENTURION
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 472
MEMBER NUMBER: 14
DATE JOINED: 09/17/11

Quickly sitting up, Rory looked around him. Where was he? Why was it dark? And why was he wearing his Roman Centurion outfit? Had he died again? Oh great. Was he back it Roman England and dead . . . again? Why did he have this vague sense of déjà vu in regards to having worn this same outfit at the same time last year?

Déjà vu? Did that mean the Silence were around? He didn't feel like he had forgotten anything; but he also remembered that you couldn't remember the creatures as soon as you looked away, so he checked his arms for hash marks. Seeing none, he breathed a sigh of relief until he realized that he didn't see Amy. Where was Amy? Where was his wife?

Knowing that he couldn't get anywhere without moving forward, Rory picked himself up and dusted himself off before he started with one foot in front of the other. After a few steps, he heard a voice in the dark, and he stopped dead in his tracks as his hand immediately went to his gladius. "I could ask you the same thing," he replied tersely, trying to sound more serious and more intimidating than he certainly felt in the dark so thick he couldn't see the man standing in front of him.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by timeywimeyhermione on tumblr.
PM
^
sarah clayworth
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 04:51 PM

Unregistered

Sarah woke with a weird fuzzy feeling in her head. But that wasn't what had woken her up. Somebody was touching her, her arm.
Now, she might have been out last night. But she was absolutely positive that she hadn't had that much wine. She had never had that much to drink. "ehm.. Sarah.. Sarah Clayworth.. who are you? and what are you doing in my bedroom?" More importantly, why where they laying on the floor, and not the bed?

As she woke up a bit more, Sarah noticed that there was grass on her floor. This wasn't her room. She sat up, and did it too fast. "oh my head.. what.. where.. what?" Sarah ran a hand through her hair, as she looked around. She couldn't see anything, it was pitch black. This definitely wasn't her room. There would be streetlights through the window. Unless there was a blackout, which would explain the darkness, but not the grass. Something odd was definitely going on. But how, what, and why, she had absolutely no idea.
^
daniel joyce
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 04:42 PM

Unregistered

It was a male voice that answered first, full of the insolence and strength of youth, though Daniel gave an amused, wry smirk to himself at the response. "I think you'll find I asked first," he replied levelly. His tone wasn't aggressive - yet, anyway - because being unable to see one's enemy was a distinct disadvantage in being able to assess whether or not they were threatening enough to warrant a retreat, and Daniel did not want to enter into a fight that he had the great possibility of losing. It wasn't even certain that he was, indeed, an enemy, to start with.

And then there was the other voice. Female, and also young. He was almost certain that they were both human, too, but there was something odd about the male that he couldn't quite put his finger on. The female sounded more frightened, and it was there that his attention was drawn - though he listened carefully for the other male in case he drew closer. "We're not in your bedroom, dear," he told Sarah. "At least, I'd hope not. If we were, I'd ask you to, for Heaven's sake, please turn on the lights, because this is quite ridiculous. Now, is there anyone here who is in possession of either a torch or a match? I suggest we use one to ascertain where, in fact, we are, and if there are any immediate dangers."
^
rory williams
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 05:17 PM

THE LAST CENTURION
Group Icon

Rory had to hold himself back from sighing at the truthful arrogance behind the older man's words. He was right. He had asked first. "I'm Rory," he replied seriously. Now he knew he had said that before. To Amy. Before his Nestene Duplicate consciousness kicked in and he shot her. Oh god, was he a Nestene Duplicate again? Was that why he was dressed as a Roman Centurion again? Was that why Amy wasn't here? Oh god, was Amy dead again?!

Enough of that, though. He could only help Amy (wherever she was) if he stayed alive and unharmed. He needed to find out more about this man that he couldn't see. "Now, who are you?" he asked, trying to keep that 'I'm-much-older-than-I-sound' quality to his voice.

Before he could get a straight answer from him, however, a female had joined them and the two carried on their own bit of conversation. "No, we're not in her bedroom. It doesn't smell right," he replied quickly, his Auton senses kicking in.

Then, before he could continue along that train of thought, the man he couldn't see asked if either of them had a torch or a match. "I have a sword . . . but I don't think that will do much good now, unless I could chop a hole in the wall and let sunlight through. . . ." He trailed off to let them process his offer and information while he wondered if he were his Auton or Nestene Duplicate self, if he still had his gun hand. Even if he did, however, that wouldn't really do much good here yet, either.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
sarah clayworth
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 07:35 PM

Unregistered

The man, who still hadn't explained who he was, made her giggle a bit, with his comment of how he would have asked her to turn on the lights, had they been in her bedroom. To be honest, she was relived that this wasn't her bedroom, cause she didn't have the slightest clue as to how she would have gotten from the bar where she had spent most of the evening, and back to her apartment. She didn't remember any of it.

As for a source of light, Sarah remembered that she had worn jeans the previous night. She felt down her pants, in search of her phone. "I have my phone" Which was a real coincidence, as she wore skirts most of the time, and therefore had her phone in a purse, and not a pocket. She felt through the grass, no purse. So she did have a bit of luck. Sarah turned on the display, and found the 'flashlight' setting. Making the whole screen light up with a, compared to the thick darkness, bright light. "No signal, and not that much battery either, but it's a start." Sarah looked over at the centurion. What kind of place was this? At least the other man looked a bit more 'normal' Or at least like he hadn't just stepped out of a costume party. "How do you know we're not in my bedroom? maybe my bedroom smells like grass" Not that it did, but still.
^
rory williams
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 06:23 PM

THE LAST CENTURION
Group Icon

Rory turned his head to the side when the female next to him giggled. Was what the other man had said really that funny? It wasn't to him, but maybe it was to her. Oh well, it didn't bother it that much.

He listened as she said she had her mobile phone on her and he blinked in the sudden bright light provided by the 'flashlight app' on her phone before glancing around him at his new companions, taking in their appearance and how good they might be if they needed to fight or flee. "Better than nothing," he agreed with a nod before giving her a quizzical look when she asked how he knew what her bedroom would or wouldn't smell right.

"Trust the plastic," he told her, pointing to his nose instead of his ear as he had on the rooftop with Amy and The Doctor when he heard River in the exploding TARDIS before the second Big Bang.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
daniel joyce
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 07:26 PM

Unregistered

"Rory. Sarah. Pleasure to meet you both. Of course, I'd rather it was under different circumstances," he said curtly after they both introduced themselves, albeit a little grudgingly on the male's behalf. Sarah Clayworth and Rory - no last name. It was interesting that he had chosen to keep it to first name only, though Daniel supposed that he had not introduced himself at all, and he would have preferred to find out a little more about these people before he did so, but Rory asked again in a firmer tone. Daniel avoided giving a name, though answered the question. "...I was a professor," he replied vaguely, "before all this started." It was the truth, just perhaps not the truth that Rory had wanted. "What about the two of you? Perhaps we have something in common that's led to us being here."

Daniel glanced in the direction of the source of Rory's voice in the dark as he said that it didn't smell right. Did humans notice those sorts of things? They weren't exactly known to be the most observant with their senses. It added to the slight feeling of wariness he had about him, and he murmured, "Quite..." in agreement, giving a small frown to himself, though he was glad to hear Sarah's quiet laughter at his comment about the lights. If they started to feel a little more at ease, perhaps there would be more more information to be had about the situation. Though that information was coming a little quicker than he had expected.

A sword. And a phone. "Of course you do," he said, as she fumbled for it, adding in something of a mutter to himself, "they always have phones..." The sword, however, was puzzling, because Rory did not have an accent or a way of speech that Daniel would have associated with a time before the twentieth century. So what was he doing with a sword? "You could try," he agreed to the offer, though whether the walls of this place would yield under a sword remained to be seen.

He winced against the light from the phone, lifting a hand to shield his eyes as he turned his head a little to the side, blinking, though he took the opportunity to glance over them both and his gaze paused on 'Rory'. Not a Roman name. But here was a centurion. The armour wasn't a costume, either. If it was, it was extremely authentic, as was the sword. The corner of Daniel's mouth curved upwards in an amused smile at the girl's words about her bedroom. She was wearing jeans. Her dress sense seemed to be about right for around Spencer's time - early twenty-first century - as would his, though there was only so much you could tell from a suit and a navy overcoat with a scarf loosely draped about his neck. Both of the strangers were young - a lot younger than he was - though that was if both of them were entirely human.

His smile faded at the comment from Rory and he looked over at him, expression calculating, though said nothing. Plastic. Autons, his mind provided, though there was something not quite correct about that guess, educated though it may have been. Something was off-kilter about it; about Rory.

"Shine it around," he told Sarah, seeing as she was the one holding the closest thing they had to a torch. "See if you can't find a way out, or something that'll tell us more about where we are." He gave another fruitless search of his pockets, looking down again at the ground around him in the little light that reached it. The pen definitely wasn't there.
^
sarah clayworth
 Posted: Sep 13 2013, 05:22 PM

Unregistered

Sarah sat up a bit more, in the cold grass. At least now she could see who she was with. "I work for UNIT." Sarah admitted. She did find it a bit suspicious that he would tell them who he was. For some reason, the 'soldier's Rory, made her believe him more than this mystery professor.

"You know, Professor, the less you tell about yourself, the more likely we are not to trust you" She put her arms around her legs while looking at the professor. Her brows cringed a bit, at Rory's mention of plastic. She shifted her gaze to him. What was he on about? Sure, working for UNIT she had heard of stuff like living plastic. But he looked human. More human than any of the specimens she had seen. No, he had to be human. And even if he wasn't, she had no way of confirming or deny it without any sort of electronic equipment, and her phone didn't count.
In the day and age of this place. Or the place she had been during the last year. Her phone was quite the antique. Over 60 years old. It had taken quite a bit of work to get a cable that could charge it, but it was worth it. It still worked, in the normal world. But most importantly, it had pictures of people she had known before. Even old messages on the voicemail.

Sarah picked up the phone and shone the light around them. Tall walls of some sort of thorny material surrounded them. What it was exactly, Sarah couldn't tell. But in this light, it looked gray. From where they were, there was four exits, going in totally opposite directions. Had there been stars, Sarah would have been able to tell if they were aligned according to the corners of the world. The total darkness made that impossible, but they had the right alignments for it. Other than that, the only thing that stood out, was a wooden box, placed a few feet from the group. "Well, there's that" Sarah pointed at the box, and shone the light towards it.
^
compassion
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 05:30 PM

Unregistered

Inside of the box, there were ten torches. Compassion had been hesitant to provide that much, but in the end she decided that it would be much more fun if her victims prisoners reluctant party-goers could see the beautiful scenery that she had laid out for them. Or, rather, the not so beautiful scenery.

The walls were a dark grey and thorned stone - tall, thick, and freezing to the touch. Though one could theoretically climb over the top to get to the other side, Compassion had put a loop - once the person scaled the wall, it shifted the person until they were climbing back down the way they had come. Compassion didn't normally play mind games, but she wasn't opposed to them.

There were four possible ways for the party-goers to go through. None of the entrances seemed particularly welcoming. Throughout the maze, there were various consequences for going the wrong way. Hidden traps, covered pits, and perhaps the occasional monster, creature, or various alien there.

[ooc: sorry 'bout the wait. and the, er, awful quality. I think I might jump in as Fitz or Susan, but since I know I'm going to be very busy over the next few days, I might just limit my response to just kind of throwing loops and twists and all those other bad things in here. So, uh.. have fun. And also, I totally made a maze just for myself to know roughly when and where to throw things out. <X<;; so, uh.. yeah if you guys want to see it just hit me up.]
^
spencer matheson
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 06:31 PM

Unregistered

A rustle of leaves in the grass alerted the others to another's presence. It didn't sound like the gait of two feet firmly planted or evenly spaced apart. It sounded like one foot firmly planted with a hesitation and a gingerness to the second step that followed.

Suddenly, a young man appeared out of the dark, shielding his eyes against the slight brightness that the mobile phone provided. He was younger than Rory, but taller and lankier with a rather disheveled look about him as his tie was undone, his shirt was untucked and sported a multiple manner of holes and tears.

He slowly lowered his hand from the level of his eyes and blinked as his eyes grew accustomed to his surroundings before his brown eyes went wide when he recognized his professor. "Daniel!" he called out rather anxiously as she reached toward him, suddenly moving too fast and wincing as he stepped on his injured foot. "I . . . twisted my ankle . . . in the dark . . . and the walls got me. . . ." he said in an exasperated tone as he limped toward the older man, hoping his answer would explain his bedraggled appearance.
^
daniel joyce
 Posted: Sep 19 2013, 11:13 AM

Unregistered

"UNIT. Ah, I see..." Daniel gave a slow nod, growing a little warier of Sarah Clayworth. Perhaps she knew more than she let on.

He gave something of a wry smile to himself as she pointed out his rather obvious tactic of withholding information about himself. "Mm, of course," he conceded. "Alright - you work for UNIT; I lectured Astrophysics at Oxford University. Up until 2008," he added as an afterthought, considering the fact that they were all quite possibly from places dotted throughout time, perhaps not even from the same universe.

Daniel peered with interest at the twisting, talon-like spikes protruding from the walls as the light from Sarah's phone caught them, casting dark shadows amongst themselves and making it look as though it were a wall of thorns, like that mentioned in the fairytale of Sleeping Beauty. His eyes followed the wall up as far as the light reached, and wondered if they were surmountable - though it was quite a way, and how far beyond the light they grew was indeterminable. Perhaps not he, but one of the others - younger and fitter - would be able to do so. Most likely at great risk.

As Sarah indicated the wooden box in the centre of wherever they were, he hesitated, then moved towards it. It could be of some help, or - the most likely option, to Daniel's mind - it could be some sort of trap. He looked down at it. Though plain and nondescript, it would perhaps be foolish to underestimate such a thing. He nudged it with the toe of his shoe, murmuring, "Well, anything could be in there..." And this was the precise reason that he needed his sonic pen - because he could gather a reading from whatever was inside and be able to judge whether or not it was safe. He should just open it, the more daring and less calculating part of his mind suggested. They were stuck here in the middle of this place, with nothing but a phone for a torch - and if the battery were to run out, what then? Better they did their exploring whilst they still had light.

He lifted the lid in a deft movement, and paused at the sight of torches. "...A little anticlimactic," he said, with something of a smile of amusement, and took one up, turning it on, just as the sound of another being made itself heard. But it was slow, and perhaps was a limp. Though, of course they would be walking slowly in the dark.

Though, that was a face he recognised. The Time Lord's eyes flicked over the state of him in concern as he came into sight - the holes in his clothes, the way he was walking... "Spencer - careful," he warned him, as the human took too fast a step and winced from the pain of it, moving towards Spencer to help support his weight by placing his arm across his shoulders. "Are you alright? How did you get here?" he asked. "Which way did you come?"

With the arm that was not hugged across Spencer's back, Daniel shone the torch across at all four entrances - or exits - in turn. Each of them resembled the last, and each was just as unappealing - but each could possibly be a way out, and they would have to choose one. He glanced around at the three others. "Someone pick a number from one to four, I suppose," he said wryly.
^
spencer matheson
 Posted: Sep 20 2013, 04:57 PM

Unregistered

Spencer hobbled over to Daniel, practically ignoring the other two in the maze with his professor. They couldn't help him like Daniel could and he didn't know them like he knew Daniel. So for now, Daniel was Spencer's safest bet to get out of here alive. He made some sort of hop-skip-dance as he inched closer to Daniel's touch, raising an arm to place across the older man's shoulders to help Daniel bear his own weight.

"I came from that direction," he pointed behind him, trying to turn the two of them around to face the way from which he had come, his hand changing the direction it was pointing as he moved. "We can't go back that way," he replied, shaking his head. "We should go that way," he pointed to the right, "or that way," he added quickly, pointing to the left, showing how his anxiety at the situation in which he found himself was making it hard for him to make decisions. Like a lost, scared child, he looked to Daniel for guidance in which direction they should go and in what they should do next.
^
sarah clayworth
 Posted: Sep 21 2013, 03:54 PM

Unregistered

The professor clearly knew about UNIT, and why wouldn't he, they weren't secret or anything. But for some reason he took her working for them as a negative thing. Sarah didn't understand why he would have that attitude towards them.

Sarah got to her feet and joined the professor at the box. "What did you expect? .. guns?" She grabbed a torch herself, putting her phone back in her pocket. It would be best to save the power on that anyway. Sarah turned on the torch and shone it around. Things didn't look much different, from the light on her phone, to that of the torch. The only difference being, that she could see a bit further. But the scenery was the same, so it didn't change anything.

So it was Daniel, he was called. Why didn't he just say that? Was that such a big secret? Sarah studied the two of them as they talked, wondering how many people there were trapped in this maze, and why? What was the point, and how did they get here?

"So are we going as a group, or are you going to continue your suspicious act.. Daniel?" He seemed to be the man in charge, and she didn't mind that. Up to a certain point of course.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPIC

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P