SKIP THE REWIND -> Knew you in another life

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

ANYA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

» Knew you in another life, Tag: John
agatha christie
 Posted: Feb 1 2012, 04:57 PM

THE QUEEN OF CRIME
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 45
MEMBER NUMBER: 98
DATE JOINED: 01/28/12

one short lyric
It had been nearly a week since she found herself in this London. After the shock of finding bookstores still selling her books, books she'd never even written yet, books she had never even thought of, Agatha had wandered around the area, learning more about this time. Nobody seemed to recognize her, which was fine. It would have been more awkward for her if she had suddenly been flocked by people. She wasn't sure how long she had walked around, maybe a couple of hours. Afterwards, she found a flat and took her time learning the new technology. Agatha managed to learn a few of the items, but others were still a bit difficult. She didn't need to learn everything. Eventually she would find herself back in her time and none of this would exist.

Paris was a beautiful place. It was just a couple of hours ago she had found herself there, maybe by the same means that transported her to this time. Since she was staying in London, she would have to find a way back, but not right away. She could always walk around for a bit. There were a lot of stores, but Agatha didn't go in those. They didn't sell things she wanted. There weren't too many stores around, selling dresses from her time. She wouldn't be comfortable in any clothes from this era. The beautiful Eiffel Tower was the next on her list to go. The first and second levels offered views of Paris, but the best was the third level. Agatha looked at the wax statues briefly and when she turned to study the view, she noticed a man. She couldn't know him, but she felt she did. "Excuse me," she said, walking over to him. "Do I know you? I know it sounds strange, but I think we may have met before at least once. I just can't remember."

john tyler / 326 / sorry, kind of bad / melissa the shark !

--------------------
user posted image
Found on Tumblr
PM
^
john tyler
 Posted: Feb 5 2012, 04:34 PM

THE DONNADOCTOR HUMAN
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 89
MEMBER NUMBER: 58
DATE JOINED: 12/09/11

Why you gotta sing that tune? Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon. Let an angel swing and make you swoon, Then you will see, You will see.
John spent the day wandering around Paris, thinking it might be an appropriate place to take Rose for a romantic get-away, and trying to figure out an appropriate time to take her and what places or sights they might like to see. He had taken a commercial flight from London to Paris - and, luckily, it was nothing like the memories he had of the Tenth Doctor's trip across the diamond planet of Midnight. He had visited the Louvre already and had stopped for a bite to eat afterwards. These human bodies sure did need more sustenance and to be fed more frequently than he ever remembered any of The Doctor's previous incarnations needing!

After he had finished the last of his croissant--he was in Paris, so he was going for the obligatory, Parisian food--John decided to continue his journey in Paris by visiting more 'touristy' places. Next stop: the Eiffel Tower! On the third floor was where everything changed and things in his life went a little wonky. He had already most definitely recognized the blonde woman approaching him as the Agatha Christie and it seemed as if she, too, most definitely recognized him; although she couldn't place him, which John put down to the famous writer losing her memory. Instead of worrying about it right at that very moment, John instead put on a charming grin as he turned to face Agatha.

"Oh, hello, Agatha!" he told her, keeping his voice loud enough where she could hear him but not to draw too much attention from passersby. After all, they didn't need to know that Agatha Christie was in their midst. "We met at Lady Eddison's party. I was the inspector from Scotland Yard," he finished quickly, holding out a hand for her to shake, as he kept his name to himself for now, not knowing which name he should use to introduce himself, but wondering if perhaps it would come to Agatha.

TAG: Agatha | WORD COUNT: 325 | LYRICS CREDIT: Five for Fighting | BANNER CREDIT: Sonic Biro | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: Don't worry about it. Mine's not the greatest, either, but it will get better.

--------------------
He's like fire and ice and rage.
He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe.
And . . . he's wonderful.
PM
^
agatha christie
 Posted: Feb 23 2012, 11:05 PM

THE QUEEN OF CRIME
Group Icon

one short lyric
Lady Eddison's party... she remembered going to the party. It was after she found out her husband had been cheating on her. Agatha had been hurt, but she went, thinking she would have a good time and it would take her mind off her failing marriage for a little while. She couldn't remember what happened during that party, though. It felt strange, having eleven days worth of memories missing. Agatha would like to have them back, but she knew she couldn't get all of them back. Remembering the party would help her understand what led up to the disappearance.

So she did know him. At first she didn't understand why a Scotland Yard inspector would be at Lady Eddison's party, then it came to her. After she had been found, the Unicorn was still big news. He must have been there to catch the Unicorn. Lady Eddison would have been a prime target. Little flashes of memory started coming to her. She remembered talking to him and his assistant at the party. Most of the memories coming to her were of them together. Sometimes with the girl she was assuming was his assistant and sometimes not. Agatha tried to remember if she could remember a name, then one came to her, but it didn't seem right. "The Doctor?" she said, questioningly. "Is that your name? Can you tell me what happened at the party? Why I can't remember too much of it?"

john tyler / 244 / sorry, short / melissa the shark !

--------------------
user posted image
Found on Tumblr
PM
^
john tyler
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:01 AM

THE DONNADOCTOR HUMAN
Group Icon

Why you got to sing that tune? Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon. Let an angel swing and make you swoon, Then you will see, You will see.
John was impressed that Agatha Christie had been sucked through the time cracks. Well, not that impressed. After all, who wouldn’t want Agatha Christie, even if this all were coordinated by alien life forms? And, there was no real evidence that aliens had organized all of this. John figured that if he searched and looked hard enough, he could find out just who was behind it all. Yet, he had to keep reminding himself that he wasn’t The Doctor anymore, even though he still felt like him sometimes.

Pushing those thoughts from his head—after all, it didn’t help to dwell on ‘never weres’ and ‘what might have beens’—John focused back in on Agatha and what she was asking him. He still felt like The Doctor, and he was partially The Doctor, so he would continue to act like The Doctor, at least for Agatha’s sake. After all, there was no need to confound the woman even more by explaining that he was only sort of like The Doctor and that the real Doctor had taken another form because his people could regenerate when one body died and take on another form. No, there was no need for that. He would keep it simple and still act like the Doctor she remembered.

“The Doctor – yes, that’s me!” he replied with a quick nod of his head, a broad grin spreading out across his face as he greeted Agatha. This might be easier than it looks, John thought to himself, as he still had all of The Doctor’s memories, so he could remember exactly what happened at the party and when. And he had some of The Doctor’s personality—with a good mixture of Donna Noble’s, of course—so he could still act like the Time Lord. Frowning at her next question, John thought of how to answer it without giving too much away. He paused for just a moment as he thought about his options, before he settled on a vague response that would give her just enough information but leave it open-ended enough for her to respond and for him to then learn just how much she remembered from that night, or for how she got here. Finally, he slowly replied, “We helped solve that murder at the mansion. You must have taken something that affected your memories,” the first part of his response being true and the second part being false as he knew that she hadn’t eaten or drank anything that affected her memories but it was Lady Eddison’s pendant necklace and the Vespiform instead. “What do you remember from that night, Agatha?” he asked suddenly. “And do you know how you got here?” he finished just as quickly.

TAG: Agatha | WORD COUNT: 453 | LYRICS CREDIT: Five for Fighting | BANNER CREDIT: Sonic Biro | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: Sorry for such a long wait! I hope this makes up for it!

--------------------
PM
^
agatha christie
 Posted: May 8 2012, 05:15 PM

THE QUEEN OF CRIME
Group Icon

one short lyric
Murder? That got her attention, of course, but she couldn't remember any murder. Something like that would be hard to forget, though. She dealt with murder all the time, but those were fictional. She knew what the outcome of those murders was going to be. She had never, and never thought she would, have to deal with a real murder. "I don't remember a murder. I thought you might have been at the party for the Unicorn. Who was murdered?" Even after returning, Agatha hadn't heard anything about a murder there that night. That would've been big news, so why had she heard nothing about it, especially if she was involved? She didn't like that someone would decide to keep that from her. Something like that may have helped her figure out why she had lost her memory, but even hearing about it now, she couldn't figure out what exactly happened.

She thought about everything she knew so far, trying to piece it all together, but there were a lot of blank spots. What led up to the murder? What was the outcome? What could she have eaten that would cause her to forget all that? There were so many questions she needed to find answers to. "Not much," Agatha said. "I remember going to the party and you had a girl with you." That was it, everything she could possibly remember, but it may have been at that party when she found out about Miss Marple, despite not writing her yet, but she couldn't figure out how anyone at that party would know about a character not created. "I may have heard about Miss Marple at that party, but I can't figure out how." How she had gotten here was easier to answer. She remembered that as it had only happened a week ago and it was still fresh in her mind. "A blinding light brought me here." A simple explanation, but that was what it was. At least, that was all she had seen and she hadn't felt anything.

john tyler / 341 / n/a / melissa the shark !

--------------------
user posted image
Found on Tumblr
PM
^
john tyler
 Posted: Jul 2 2012, 01:21 PM

THE DONNADOCTOR HUMAN
Group Icon

Why you got to sing that tune? Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon. Let an angel swing and make you swoon, Then you will see, You will see.
John’s eyebrows rose when Agatha mentioned the Unicorn but then asked him who had been murdered at Lady Edison’s mansion the day they were there. He stayed silent for a few moments as he thought over everything. It was obvious, even from the short amount of time they had been talking, that Agatha remembered some things about that night, but not everything. John felt like it came down to him to decide exactly what he could and couldn’t tell her. He debated not telling her about the murders, but then decided that it would be okay. After all, this was Agatha Christie of all people and the murders happened back in 1926! Taking a deep breath, John decided to go for it and respond to both Agatha’s comment on the Unicorn as well as answering her question about the murders. “Oh, no, I wasn’t there for the Unicorn. She was the thief, not me,” he started, shaking his head and waving a hand dismissively. “I can tell you who was murdered, though. There were three murders at the mansion on the same day. Professor Peach, Miss Chandrakala, and Roger . . . do any of those names ring a bell?” he added quickly, finishing with a question to see what else Agatha remembered or what else came to her suddenly as they were talking.

He paused as she continued to explain things from her own perspective, answering his questions and making comments from her own viewpoint on things. It was almost surreal for John to be standing here talking to Agatha Christie again. Well, it was actually John’s first time interacting with Agatha; it would have been The Doctor’s second time in seeing the female author. “Hmm? Oh, yes! Donna Noble . . . my assistant,” he replied with a nod to Agatha’s statement. He paused for a moment to listen to her next statement about Miss Marple. John smirked to himself, knowing that he couldn’t come out and tell Agatha Christie that she was a character in one of her books, but he could at least respond to her comment. “I’m sure it’ll come to you later,” he said softly, leaving it at that so Agatha could draw her own conclusions however she wished. John seemed intrigued when Agatha began to explain how she got here. He remembered a bright light at the Tyler house before they were all zapped into another time, so it seemed that their time-travelling incidents had that in common, at least. However, curiosity—and still feeling mostly like the Time Lord who had partly made the Meta-Crisis which had created him—got the better of him and he found himself asking Agatha more questions about her experiences with the ‘blinding light’. “Did you notice anything else, Agatha? A sound, a smell, maybe even something that you felt? Either an emotion or something physical.”

TAG: Agatha | WORD COUNT: 480 | LYRICS CREDIT: Five for Fighting | BANNER CREDIT: Sonic Biro | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: It amuses me how John keeps pretending to be The Doctor for Agatha’s benefit!

--------------------
PM
^
agatha christie
 Posted: Aug 6 2012, 05:58 PM

THE QUEEN OF CRIME
Group Icon

one short lyric
"I didn't think you were the thief," she responded. "I just thought it was possible there had been a tip that made Scotland Yard believe she would strike Lady Edison." She would never have accused him of being a criminal, an experienced officer that he was. People in his profession didn't really go around stealing items, at least not usually. There might be some that do, but Agatha didn't think, or at least she hoped, that it didn't happen very often. She didn't know the Doctor too well and he very well could be the type to risk his career and become a thief, but she doubted it. She believed he was only there for the murderer. She thought about it, but while she knew the names, she didn't remember their deaths. "I don't remember that part of the party," she said. "Something like that, I should remember." Her job was mysteries. She couldn't understand how she could live one and not even know it. Agatha reminded herself to look into it when-if-she ever returned to 1927.

She remembered the girl, his assistant, even if she couldn't put a face to her. Before he said it, she couldn't even remember the name. Trying to piece together that night was making her confused, but she wanted, needed, to learn about it, find out what happened, why she would lose her memory. Not so she could talk about it with others; she had already decided it would be best to keep it to herself, at least for now, but just so she knew what it was. Nobody should have to live without knowing what happened during a specific point during their life. He wouldn't tell her how she knew the name Miss Marple, who didn't even exist in her time. It wasn't coming to her, though. She thought about it and just drew a blank. So, whoever this character is, she had something to do with the party, but how?

She couldn't get it out of her mind, but when he asked about the light that transported her here, she was saved from dwelling on it for a few minutes at least. She thought back to when she arrived and remembered everything that happened. "There wasn't anything, at least not that I noticed." Agatha might have been in the middle of writing her next Poirot story, but she was sure that if there had been more, she would have paid attention to it. Anything that went along with this wouldn't have escaped her. His curiosity about how she got here made her wonder about him and if there were others from her time here as well. "How did you get here? the same way I did? Is there anyone else from 1927 here? Your assistant?" Agatha hadn't seen anyone else from that time around, but that didn't mean anything. She wanted to assume they were there, too, because it would be strange if only she and the Doctor were taken.

john tyler / 500 / n/a / melissa the shark !

--------------------
user posted image
Found on Tumblr
PM
^
john tyler
 Posted: Apr 29 2013, 04:10 PM

THE DONNADOCTOR HUMAN
Group Icon

“Oh, yes,” John replied, sagely nodding his head, pursing his lips as he looked keenly interested in what Agatha was telling him. Well, he was, but he also needed to see how she acted and what she asked so he could ‘play along’ and answer accordingly. Or, answer how The Doctor would answer. After all, it was much too early and it would be far too confusing to try and explain how he was only a Meta-Crisis but he had The Doctor’s memories. “We had been hunting The Unicorn for some time and a tip led us to Lady Eddison’s party.”

He frowned in disappointment when the great author admitted that she didn’t notice anything in particular about how she were transported here. ‘A bright light’ was all she had said, but he wanted to know more. But what else could he do? He wasn’t The Doctor. He didn’t even have a TARDIS of his own. Yet, his own natural curiosity—which was ‘doubled’ from the personalities of both his ‘mother’ and his ‘father’—got the better of him and he wanted to know as much as he could. Plus, who knew? Maybe he would come across his ‘dad’ again and could pass along any knowledge he might glean from Agatha Christie. That, and he always wanted to know how the author thought about and saw the world.

John’s furrowed brow softened and his eyebrows rose as she asked how he got here and who else from ‘their time’ was with him. “Yes, the same way you did,” he nodded with a rueful smile before it faltered as he thought about just how long it had been since he had last seen Donna Noble. If he had known what The Doctor had to do after they had left, he would have felt even worse and missed her even more. As it were, he already missed her quite a bit. He missed all of his—well, The Doctor’s—companions. He was happily married, but he still missed them all. Every day.

“I- no, Donna Noble’s not here. We had a . . . parting of ways,” he replied solemnly. “Rose- I’m married now. Her name is Rose. You haven’t seen Donna since that day, then?” he asked. From what he had seen, Agatha and Donna had gotten along swimmingly, and if they could make friends, then it might be better for both of them. It seemed like Donna Noble was nowhere to be seen and Agatha Christie and he were still asking each other questions to find out how and why the other had gotten here and if they could help each other in any way.

TAG: Agatha | WORD COUNT: 432 | LYRICS CREDIT: Five for Fighting | BANNER CREDIT: Sonic Biro | TEMPLATE CREDIT: courtastic ? @ caution 2.0 | NOTES: Sorry for the wait. We can start wrapping up this thread if you feel like it’s dragging on too long. I’m flexible, either way.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P