SKIP THE REWIND -> With Grace in Your Heart and Flowers in Your Hair

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

ANYA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

» With Grace in Your Heart and Flowers in Your Hair, Tag: Alfie
sophie owens
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 02:47 PM

STORMAGEDDON'S MUM
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 4
MEMBER NUMBER: 164
DATE JOINED: 05/19/13

our lights shine,
Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you, and everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow, I came along. I wrote a song for you and all the things you do, and it was called yellow. So then I took my turn. Oh all the things I've done, and it was all yellow - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After her fiasco with arriving in London—of grabbing the nearest creatures’ arm only to find out it was an alien and unconsciously openly staring because she was unable to determine a gender—Sophie quickly acclimated to the futuristic lifestyle. As much as anyone could acclimate to this kind of lifestyle. Craig was here with her, but they had lost Alfie. Her poor little baby boy was out in this cold, cruel world alone. Well, maybe it wasn’t all cold and cruel. Even though she didn’t understand all the alien species—and her very first alien encounter was with an alien spaceship disguised as the second floor of Craig’s one story home—she had seen some kindness in the world, even here in this futuristic London. And maybe someone had adopted him or had taken him into to care for him. Sophie only wanted the best for her baby, so as long as Alfie were happy and healthy.

She had left Craig asleep on the couch in the house they shared here. It was actually easier than she thought it would be for them to procure a living space for themselves. They had gone out and bought furniture and all the other odds and ends that they would need (or want) to make their new house a home. Sophie even acquiesced to Craig’s wishes to try and keep the house as close to the one they had back in the time from which they came as they could.

Craig had fallen asleep watching telly and Sophie decided to add a bit more color to the house with some flowers. Perhaps a pretty centerpiece for the dinner table and some other bouquets to scatter around the house in the corners, on side tables, and the like. Sophie also wanted to travel a bit further out of London for the day, so she acquired transportation to Dublin. It was a bit odd on the flight because she had another strange alien sitting right next to her, and neither female spoke the other’s language. Even their flight attendant was of a non-human species.

Sophie got to Dublin without any problem and reached the nearest flower shop. She spent her time looking at the flowers, wanting to pick out just the right ones with the colors she and Craig liked the best and which went with the current décor of the house. It didn’t take her too long to settle on which flowers she wanted, and she paid for them and started to make her way toward the door, arms loaded with large vases of flowers. She heard the doorbell ring as another customer entered the store, so she sidestepped with a quick apology and excuse to get out of their way before either of them bumped into one another.

template created by Revo. @ RPG-D
PM
^
alfie owens
 Posted: Nov 22 2013, 08:28 PM

STORMAGEDDON, DARK LORD OF ALL
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 37
MEMBER NUMBER: 41
DATE JOINED: 10/05/11

Alfie was in Dublin that day for a job. Some old women had been convinced her house was haunted, but it had turned out to be a hoax that her daughter had been behind. His client hadn't been happy with him when he told her that, but he had proof that it hadn't been real and a signed confession that detailed everything clearly, far too clearly for it to have been anything other than a hoax. Yet another case solved and yet another unhappy client. Alfie had no shortage of those, especially in this time. At this rate, he would probably find himself without a job very quickly and would have to resort to working in shops, which he hadn't done since he had been a teenager.

That was the issue with this time. Everyone saw aliens everyday and it was perfectly normal. Indeed, if you weren't seeing them, there was something wrong with you. Don't get him wrong he loved that Earth was starting to embrace other species, recognizing that not all aliens were bad, but it was forcing Alfie to focus on ghosts and he wasn't a big fan of that part of the paranormal. Most of the calls he got for that were jokes, people wanting to make fun of what he did for a living and the paranormal investigator was getting annoyed about that. Despite it being pretty decent weather, the streets weren't that crowded, so when he suddenly stopped dead, hardly anyone was bothered by it. What caused him to pause were the sinister looking aliens that were dressed in dark suits. People walked past him, no doubt seeing these strange creatures, but nobody else was as bothered by them. After all, they lived in a time where it was okay for other species but Alfie was on edge. They were different from the others and it made him nervous. Someone bumped into him, causing him to look away and his first thought was: why had he stopped? Alfie knew that he had obviously seen something, but he couldn't remember what that had been.

Shaking his head, the paranormal investigator began walking again. His plan was to go to a local cafe and hang out for a few hours before finding a hotel to stay at for the night, but as he walked past a flower shop, he glanced at the window and saw a young woman who looked exactly like his mother. She was young, though, very young. He probably hadn't been born yet in her timeline and if he had, he was probably just a baby. The thing to do would be to ignore her, pretend he had never seen her because it might cause a paradox or at least something awful to happen to the world if she ever found out that Alfie was her son. He couldn't just walk away, though. He had missed his parents and he wanted to talk to her, find out if his father was nearby. He planned on doing this without telling her who he was. It would be hard, near impossible, but he would have to find a way to do it. There wasn't another option, not one he was willing to try out, anyway.

Alfie walked into the shop and smiled at his mother as she moved out of his way. He eyed the the large vases of flowers, stopped in front of her and asked, "Do you need help with those?"
PM
^
sophie owens
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 04:07 PM

STORMAGEDDON'S MUM
Group Icon
NUMBER OF POSTS: 4
MEMBER NUMBER: 164
DATE JOINED: 05/19/13

our lights shine,
Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you, and everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow, I came along. I wrote a song for you and all the things you do, and it was called yellow. So then I took my turn. Oh all the things I've done, and it was all yellow - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sophie heard the stranger ask if she wanted help with the large vases of flowers she was carrying. Her automatic reply was, “No, thanks, I’ve got it.” She could hardly see the young man through the jungle of flowers in front of her face, but she could hear his voice. He sounded like a young man – one who was kind and helpful. That thought made her smile. So many people said that chivalry was dead these days, but here was this young man showing plainly that it was not.

She had often times wondered what her own son, Alfie would grow up to be. Would he be kind and caring, like her? Shy but with a sense of humor, like Craig? Sweet and loving, like the both of them? Would he be goofy and adventurous like The Doctor? Sophie didn’t know why she had suddenly thought of The Doctor, but she supposed it made sense. After all, Alfie wouldn’t exist without The Doctor. He was kooky but kind, serious but sweet. And he had brought Craig and her together by getting them to admit their feelings for each other. Baby Alfie had even said his name when Sophie had returned home from her girls’ trip with Melina.

The image of Craig wearing a papoose with little Alfie tucked and snuggled down inside would forever be etched into Sophie’s mind. What an adorable and cute image to remember of her boys!

With these thoughts in mind, Sophie turned her attention back onto the stranger who had offered to help her with her flower vases. “Wait,” she said suddenly. “If you really want to help, you could take one of these from me,” she amended, shifting the vases in her arms to hold them out to the dark-haired young man easier.

As he took one, Sophie shifted the vase she still held into one arm, giving her a clearer view of her savior. She had never met him before (that she knew of) but she couldn’t stop staring at him. There was something about him: something that told her he was important, that drew her mind to him. Maybe he just had one of those faces that reminded her of someone else. Either way, she quickly apologized, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to stare. It’s just . . . have we met before? I feel like I know you . . . you seem familiar.”

template created by Revo. @ RPG-D
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P