SKIP THE REWIND -> CHARACTER MADNESS

SKIP THE REWIND

I'M MAKING PERFECT SENSE
WELCOME TO SKIP THE REWIND. WE CATER TO YOUR WHOVIAN NEEDS AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. WE'RE SET IN THE YEAR 2198 AND IT'D BE BEST IF YOU CHECKED OUT THE PLOT, RULES, AND CANON LIST FIRST OFF. OUR SITE TAKES PLACE AFTER THE GIRL WHO WAITED IN THE SIXTH SEASON. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. PLEASE REGISTER WITH A NAME IN ALL LOWERCASE LETTERS.
YOU'RE JUST NOT KEEPING UP
WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT THE CANON LIST AND WANTED ADS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THAT BEING SAID, WE DO ACCEPT ORIGINALS BUT ONLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CIVILIAN, AND ALIEN MEMBERGROUPS. OUR CANON LIST IS FIRST COME, FIRST RESERVE. IF YOU DON'T RESERVE A CHARACTER AND SOMEONE ELSE RESERVES THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATION FOR THEM, THE CHARACTER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY RESERVED THEM.
WIBBLY-WOBBLY TIMEY-WIMEY

MEMBERS - ONLINE - HELP - SEARCH - PORTAL

I'LL JUST SKIP THE REWIND

WE'RE ALL STORIES IN THE END

PLOT - RULES - CANON LIST - APPLICATION - WANTED ADS - ADVERTISEMENT

Please vote for us!
Shadowplay TopsitesRPGD Topsites
JULIE

NINA

ANYA

NEED SOMETHING? PM US. WE DON'T BITE.

REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

» CHARACTER MADNESS
daniel joyce
 Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:16 PM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS: N/A
MEMBER NUMBER: N/A
DATE JOINED: --

For those random conversations/confrontations with your characters that you want to share. This can sometimes help with awkward muses.There aren't really any rules. Just stick to your own characters and whatever they happen to be doing/saying in your head. The conversations/scenes can be as long or as short as you like. Each post stands alone from the one before it and the one after it but, to save creating a load of new threads, all Character Madnesses should be posted as a reply to this thread.I have no idea if that is the 'official' title for this, but it's what I've seen it called before, so here we go.
^
daniel joyce
 Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:22 PM

Unregistered

NUMBER OF POSTS: N/A
MEMBER NUMBER: N/A
DATE JOINED: --

Apologies for the most boring of first posts for this game.
    Socks: So, er... Dan... Gonna... help me write some posts today...?
    Daniel: [behind newspaper, straightens it irritably, rustling]
    Socks: ...Didn’t quite catch an answer, there, buddy.
    Daniel: [clears throat, turns page]
    Socks: ..............
    Daniel: .............. [turns page] ..............
    Socks: .......... [narrows eyes] .........
    Daniel: [newspaper rustling]
    Socks: ...Rude.
    Owen: [leaning in doorframe, munching toast] You’re gonna get fuck-all outta him, you know that, right?
    Socks: [sighs] And why is that?
    Owen: [smug smile] You really don’t know? [takes a smug bite of toast]
    Socks: ... [gestures in Daniel’s direction] He’s grumpy.
    Owen: [grins] Yeah, but you don’t know why he’s grumpy. [gestures with toast] I do...
    Socks: [rolls eyes] Owen. What’s wrong with him?
    Owen: [gestures out of the door behind him with last of toast]
    Socks: [looks] ...?
    Owen: [finishes toast, brushes crumbs off his hands, then folds his arms] Conveniently, the Time Lord’s opinion mirrors my own on this matter.
    Socks: Yeah, but, what is that opinion?
    Owen: [looks over, levelly] The knight.
    Socks: What about him?
    Owen: Get rid of him.
    Socks: ...What?
    Daniel: [top of newspaper lowers slightly, totally not listening]
    Owen: [smirks] You ‘eard. Get rid of him.
    Socks: Ummmm, hmmmmm, let me think about that for a moment – er... no.
    Owen: [grimaces] Why not? [pauses for a moment, grins slightly] ‘Course, you could just set ‘im loose on his own in the kitchen for a couple of hours an’ see how long he lasts...
    Daniel: [stifled snort from behind the newspaper]
    Socks: He’s from the past, Owen. He’s not brain-damaged.
    Owen: That is a matter of opinion. I mean, Christ, the other day I walked in an’ he was messin’ around with the gas stove. ‘Cause that ent dangerous... But, by all means, let him roam freely. Get him to poke his fingers into a plug socket whilst he’s at it.
    Daniel: [stifles a laugh with a cough, rustles newspaper]
    Socks: ........... [looks between both of them] I see what this is. [slow nod of realisation, smirks]
    Owen: [shifts against the door frame] Oh, yeah? Go on, then. What is ‘this’?
    Daniel: [lowers paper slightly more to look over the top of it suspiciously]
    Socks: The two of you really are completely ridiculous. You just don’t like him because he’s new. Oh, noooo... suddenly, things aren’t all about youuuu...! Oh, poor babies, how will you manage without all the attention...?
    Owen: Yeah, well, I’ve given you my opinion. I want him gone, okay? I’m sick of lookin’ at his face – all fuckin’... noble... an’-... Couldn’t you at least’ve given him some sort of hideous scarrin’? Like, cut half of his face off, or summin’, I mean-...
    Edmund: [pauses on the other side of Owen, waits for him to move out of the way to let him through]
    Owen: Oh, for fuck’s sake. [leaves]
    Socks: Hey, Eddy. [ruffles his curls as he walks by]
    Edmund: [glances in the direction Owen walked off] ...No one’s taken the stick out of his arse, yet, then? [flops into a chair, lays his sword across his lap and proceeds to sharpen it]
    Socks: Nope. I think it’s permanently lodged up there, to be honest.
    Edmund: [small twist of a smile]
    Daniel: [becoming increasingly irritated, rustles newspaper]
    Edmund: ‘Evening, Daniel...
    Daniel: [flicks paper up again, sliding a little further down in his arm chair]
    Edmund: [glances over at the newspaper, gives a slight shake of the head to himself] ...To each his own.
    Daniel: [clears his throat irritably]
    Edmund: [continues to sharpen his sword]
    Socks: ........ [watches them in silence] ........?
    Edmund: [pauses] ...Is this because I won’t address you as a lord?
    Daniel: [lets newspaper drop onto his lap] So sorry, did you say something...? [coolly]
    Edmund: [looks over at him] So you do acknowledge that I exist.
    Daniel: [lifts newspaper] Oh, my mistake – it was the mindless jabberings of an orangutan...
    Edmund: [look of calculating suspicion, eyes narrowed, head slightly to one side]
    Daniel: [flatly, from behind the paper] It’s an ape. A red-haired ape. I’m insulting you. [scowls] Humans... [newspaper rustles]
    Edmund: [grimace of distaste, says nothing]
    Socks: Oi. [picks up peanut from bowl of snacks, throws it at Daniel]
    Peanut: [bounces off the wall, missing by a few feet]
    Socks: ..........
    Edmund: ..........
    Daniel: ..........
    Socks: ..... [reaches for another]
    Edmund: [places a hand on her wrist, stopping her, bracingly] Best not.
    Daniel: [muttering to himself behind the paper]
    Edmund: [glances over at him in annoyance]
    Socks: He’s only jealous because you’re the new one and he’s had to step aside again, so he’s sulking. Like a little child. Why do you think Owen only gets one thread?
    Edmund: ...Because... he’s insufferable...?
    Socks: Yes and no. But mainly no. It’s because Daniel, for some reason – the great Ulysses... – likes to hog my time and feel like king of everything because he was here first. And he has a massive ego.
    Daniel: [newspaper rustles]
    Socks: So... could you just... pretend he’s a lord and you defer to him, like you do with the Rani?
    Edmund: I do so with the Lady Rani because it annoys her... and she likes it. [slight smile to self]
    Socks: ...Well... Okay... Er, could we do that with Daniel, but in less of a flirtatious way, then?
    Edmund: Flirtatious?
    Socks: Yeah. It’s, er-...
    Edmund: I know what it means – but you use it wrongly when you speak of myself and the lady. You invent things.
    Socks: Whatever you say. But, er, yeah. Just humour him, will you? Pretend he’s in charge?
    Daniel: [glaring at newspaper]
    Edmund: ............ [sighs] I have done no wrong. It’s he who took an aversion to me.
    Socks: We’re not playing ‘who started it’, Ed. We’re playing ‘who can be the better person’. And you win, because Daniel is a stubborn little shit.
    Daniel: [lowers newspaper so glare can spill over the top]
    Socks: So, Dan, going to help me write any posts, or do I have to lock the two of you in a room together until you sort out your differences?
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

skinned by ashleigh of caution & atf.

RPGD TopsitesRPG-D
Shadowplay TopsitesShadowplayDelusional DirectoriesRadioactiveMoon Fighter Resource Forum

• V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P
  •  
  • V
  • W
  • O
  • R
  • P